• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AT7-MAX2 B7 Modded Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tmod

I have modded the Abit AT7-MAX2 bios AT72_B7.bin and it is available Here .

I have had a person already flash it and there were no issues with flashing or system operation as compared to the regular unmodded bios.

I have enabled all the toggle options as well as add the newer Highpoint 1.24 Raid bios.

If you decide to download and flash this bios I would appreciate any feedback that you might have.

alright, installed...and i'm back so thats a + haha, main thing i'd like to say is thanx!!! other than that... i didnt see anything i could accualy fiddle with since i have no idea what any of the new options accualy do :\

Good.

Now this is where you do the same with the AT7-MAX BIOS and enable some more multipliers also! ;)

brywalker

I can only wish that adding multipliers was that easy.

i've been using this modded bios for a few days, and it works fine for me. if you like to play with toys, this bios has all toys enabled.....

in my quest for a modded max2 bios,i found none, but tmod was kind enough to mod it , and let me test it.

tmod, once again...thumbs up, and thanks...:beer: :beer:

madsam said:
i've been using this modded bios for a few days, and it works fine for me. if you like to play with toys, this bios has all toys enabled.....

in my quest for a modded max2 bios,i found none, but tmod was kind enough to mod it , and let me test it.

tmod, once again...thumbs up, and thanks...:beer: :beer:

so what of the new options did you use?? and what affects did they have on your system?

well, not much really, i'm just happy to see all the goodies, but i did disable the spread spectrum, and also, auto detect pci-dimm clk, i disabled it. i'm not sure if acpi was enabled by default, but i enabled it also, and set it for s1.

off hand i don't really remember what settings i am messing with , that are not on the original bios, and which are.

good luck, and if you find a setting that has an impact on performance, please let us know...

does this bios mod have a chipset voltage changer? or is there one in the bios already, i havent checked since i found out what it was called on an original at7max. i know it isnt in the cpu settings menu, unless it is in one of the others.:confused:

[THREAD CRAP]

TMOD,

Do you happen to have the KD7-RAID C8(256 KB or 262,144 bytes = new C8) modded already?

Thanks

[/THREAD CRAP]

Sonny

The only difference between the older version and the newer version of the c8 was that Abit placed the hex byte FF at the end of the first release and people had trouble modding it because it wasn't the right size.

I have modded the newer version but I have not posted it yet. I will post it shortly and let you know where to find it.

I am extremely worried about this particular BIOS, hearing people had to force flash(/F) with more failures than success stories & also the board not being recognized properly anymore. I know it would be next to impossible for you to fix any of the issues but i just want you to know my concerns & since a BIOS chip will take more than a months to reach me if I ordered one, this will be a large leap of faith.

Sonny

In another forum I have heard that 1 of 5 people that flashed their bios with this version ended up getting it recognized correctly and the other 4 ended up getting the board recognized as the KD7E 333R.

With that being said I would not recommend flashing with that bios version. I would wait until Abit comes out with a new one or addresses this issue.

Knowing the problems with it I will not be releasing any modded version of c8 unless someone asks for it, And then I will e-mail it to them directly.

Your right. I will wait for another update. It's just that there are a few issues that I would like solved & they all seem to be because of B8.

hey guys! i flashed the new bios and as long as you use the flash utility that comes with the mobo software package and folow the flash with the perimaters stated in the manual the bios flash fine.

have one question. i saw in the bios that there is a 6.2.1 cpu to pci divider. has anyone tried using it yet?

well two questions. what about a voltage adjustment for agp? is ther one i havn't seen one mabe i overlooked it!

mine does? that's why i was asking!

the bios flashed fine the only thing is, it didn't recognise my 2600+@333. i think the b7 bios must have been put out before amd anounced the 2600 as being in two versions 266 and 333. it has an option for 2700+@333 but no 2600@333. the chip is factory unlocked so i just set everything to manual since i'm o/c anyway!

ahh maybe since u can have such a high FSB it unhides the 6:2:1 like when u set that lil jumper on the board that either shows or hides the "on Normal" or "to fast" cpu setting ???? who know

walldow said:
what about a voltage adjustment for agp? is ther one i havn't seen one mabe i overlooked it!

any info found on that yet.... i was jsut reading on abit and found this
The overclocking function includes CPU frequency, Vcore, multiplier, chipset & DDR voltage and AGP VDDQ voltage adjustment available to maximize your system performance

is there AGP voltage in the bios somewhere i'm pretty sure i've looked at every option i have in my bios and i dont recall ever seeing it????

i have looked everyplace in my bios also and see nothing for adjusting the agp voltage? it would be nice. can't get my ti 4200 past core clock speed of 300mhz without hard locking the card. the memory is good on the card, i can run 625mhz with a few artifects but 600mhz is stable as all getout. just wish i could get some more voltage too the card to get the higher core clock speeds? if you find anything else out please post it here!

Back