• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bios me noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

lol not literally just i have an msi board now but t/m i am getting an Abit AT7-MAX2 :)D ). oh yeah!
my setup is
- Athlon XP 1900
- 3000 512DDR cas2

i would clicke to run the ram obviously at 166FSb(333) and the cpu at 133 but o/ced at 138 (silent computer dont wanna overheat the cpu is now at 41C) cas at the best possible!

how do i use the bios for an abit board. i saw it ones and it looks well complicated. If i o/c my cpu will the ram FSB also increase? eg if i oc my cpu by 8Mhz will the ram FSB also increase by 8Mhz?

does anyone have any good web links for the bios setup! and can somebody tell me the best settings for o/cing my machine a little!

It doesn't sound like you know very much about computers. You need to be very careful to start out with. Take your time.

Go to: http://www.sudhian.com and click on the FAQ link. Read the WHOLE THING! It is very helpful.

Read the stickies at the top of forums like this ones. Lotsa useful info there.

Also RTFM that comes with your motherboard. Good luck and have fun.

oh thanks! no i do know a lot about comps and building them just the abit bios is grief! i build 2 machines allready! i just dont o/c much and i dont know much about anything faster then normal 266ddr and 133FSB! :)

Back