• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7-G Max 2 Advanced Memory/Raid Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schoppew

Hello,
My system:
Ic7-G Max II Advanced
Prescott 3.0 OC'ed at 3.6 w/ XP-120 Cooler @ 1.31V
Corsair TWINX 4400 (2*512) @ 2.8V FSB 240 1:1 Ratio

Now for my problem. I had this system running very stable (about a year) with no problems until I put this new memory in. I was using 2 sticks of Corsair Value PC 3200 with a 5:4 divider to run at 3.6. I put the new ram in, put the ratio to 1:1 and kept it at 3.6. Everything seemed fine, there were no obvious problems at first. I even ran prime95 for an hour or so, no errors. The next day I came home and it was trying to boot up, looking for a boot disk. The raid showed an error and both hard drives showed failed. I got it to rebuild the raid with no problems. The computer had been idling all day, it had very little load on the cpu. I checked the SATA cables, unplugged and replugged them thinking maybe I had knocked one or both loose when installing the new ram. The same thing happened today, broken raid. The timings have been default so I don't think that could be the problem. The whole reason I wanted the faster ram was to remove the divider and maybe run tighter timings eventually. Does anyone have any ideas to what I could do to get this thing running stable again (preferrably with a 1:1 ratio)?

schoppew said:
Hello,
My system:
Ic7-G Max II Advanced
Prescott 3.0 OC'ed at 3.6 w/ XP-120 Cooler @ 1.31V
Corsair TWINX 4400 (2*512) @ 2.8V FSB 240 1:1 Ratio

Now for my problem. I had this system running very stable (about a year) with no problems until I put this new memory in. I was using 2 sticks of Corsair Value PC 3200 with a 5:4 divider to run at 3.6. I put the new ram in, put the ratio to 1:1 and kept it at 3.6. Everything seemed fine, there were no obvious problems at first. I even ran prime95 for an hour or so, no errors. The next day I came home and it was trying to boot up, looking for a boot disk. The raid showed an error and both hard drives showed failed. I got it to rebuild the raid with no problems. The computer had been idling all day, it had very little load on the cpu. I checked the SATA cables, unplugged and replugged them thinking maybe I had knocked one or both loose when installing the new ram. The same thing happened today, broken raid. The timings have been default so I don't think that could be the problem. The whole reason I wanted the faster ram was to remove the divider and maybe run tighter timings eventually. Does anyone have any ideas to what I could do to get this thing running stable again (preferrably with a 1:1 ratio)?
go to game Accelerator BIOS
disable tRDA
disable CPC

Back