• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ic7-g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zigg

Registered
Abit Ic7-g memory upgrade

I just replaced my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe board with an ABIT IC7-G board. I have an Intel 3.4E, ATI 850XT, 74GB Raptor, 2GB cheap memory, Lian case with Astec cooling.

Now like to replace my memory with better ones, any suggestions?

Last edited:
If you could do with 2x512 my suggestion would be OCZ EL Gold PC3700 Rev.3 which have BrainPower PCBs and Hynix D-50 chips. With some luck you could hit perhaps < 300 MHz. I'm not sure which 1GB sticks go well with this platform tho.

there's an old post about some adata memory being excellent for for 865/875.

its an old post, i checked the first 4 pages and couldn't find anything.

*** this is the amd section, pm a mod to move over to the intel side :) ***

zigg said:
I just replaced my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe board with an ABIT IC7-G board. I have an Intel 3.4E, ATI 850XT, 74GB Raptor, 2GB cheap memory, Lian case with Astec cooling.

Now like to replace my memory with better ones, any suggestions?

OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K

This ram kicks *** for the price, Im running a 2.4c chip at 3.2Ghz, FSB 267, Ram timeings 2.5 3.3.6.

Wish I would have got the 3700 tho but this was a very good price at the time

Back