• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advicings on a prospective build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's having SOME effect though. I'm sure with a pair of GX2's or X2's it would be much more profound.. Shame you don't have time to fire off a 1680x1050 run :p

I really never worried about the proc power, the E8400 seemed to OC to about the same levels as the QX, My main concern was actually whether the quad core would be neccesary for a reasonable amount of future proofing. As for the GPU, I'm probably going to end up going with the 8800's, merely because I can get a pair for 400, and then in a short enough time when the X2 drops from it's "Hey I'm the big thing" prices of 600+ a piece I can always upgrade, and still pay much less than if I got a pair of the X2's now, and honestly, the performance past a pair of the OC'd 8800's isn't something I think would make a substantial difference for me. This is by no means a benchmarking computer, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have a budget, and I wouldn't have gone into college (aka so i don't have to starve myself just to have a top end cpu) ><

agree/disagree?

also, ram/soundcard advice?

Back