• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatrron PX845PEV Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you guys sure your power LED pins were not upside-down?
I seem to be the only one who has this, I had to cut the wires I had and put the pins on to get it working. also the usb header is reversed somehow too, but I guess that's what you get for 90$.
I know how to fix it so it wont be a problem

phoenixofwater said:
SBeaver -
Yeah i have the samething... right now i have no power LED...

A quick and easy fix (allthough lame as hell ;) ) :
take a strong pair of scissors and cut the connector in your case for the pwr LED, the plastip connector that is, in half!
Do not cut the actual wires though, this way is much more easy.
Then your have two separate connectors that can then be connected to the header with no problem at all.
If I remember correctly the pwr LED header is att the top left two connector (well once you have the others on there are not so many free pins so you'll find your way)
Just connect the two half connectors to those two pins and make sure they are right with + and - since the LEDs need to be right with the cathodes and annodes.
And for the USB, if you want that I THINK that you can turn the USB connector on your backplate upsidedown and connect it, but leave 2 pins free which do not fit.
The data and ground pins might be incorrectly alligned then but that is easily solved with a little soldering.
I havn't tried the USB thing but it should be pretty easy.
If your a electronics guru maybe I'm just boring you right now but someone else might need the help. :)

new bios R1.08 is out Im working 6 10s so I don't have time to check it out . not sure if it has a fix DDR cpu ratio but I hope it will soon.

I didn't notice any of the header problems, but I don't have a power LED connected :) nor anything connected to the USB header...

Mighth have to take a look at that....

jspark said:
new bios R1.08 is out Im working 6 10s so I don't have time to check it out . not sure if it has a fix DDR cpu ratio but I hope it will soon.

Where do you see the new bios? i can't find it on there web site any where

Oh crap, the only thing that was changed had something to do with detecting fan speeds, like I care!
Not something you rip open your case and put in a floppy to get

SBeaver said:
Are you guys sure your power LED pins were not upside-down?
I seem to be the only one who has this, I had to cut the wires I had and put the pins on to get it working. also the usb header is reversed somehow too, but I guess that's what you get for 90$.
I know how to fix it so it wont be a problem

I just pulled the wires out of the connecter and changed the order. After that my power LED worked fine.

So far, I'm very happy with this board. My only complaint is it would be nice to have more memory ratio settings. With this board I can take my 1.6A processor to 2.4 with a 0.5 increase in voltage. However, I had to underclock my cheap OCZ 2700 to 225 ddr (1.5 x 150FSB) to be able to do it, since the only other ratio I had available was 2.66, which wouldn't boot (Corsair 3500 is starting to look better and better).

At 2.2 Ghz, I seem to have found the best performance compromise for now. At 2,208 mhz I can run the processor at default voltage and the memory at 367 (2.66 ratio x 138FSB) with the memory voltage at 2.6, and a AGP/PCI locked at 66/33. Without tweaking anything else, my 3D mark2100se score with a 64mb Saphire Radeon LE, which doesn't seem to overclock well, has already gone from the 7700 range to over 9200.

But you also have the 2.4 chip. It seems that the 1.5 & 2.66 settings are the only ones available for the 1.6 & 1.8 chips.

I found this from Zap of the anandtech forums
Link
its a way to make a 100FSB CPU think its a 133FSB CPU
i don't know if this will work but it sounds like it will if some try it then please post back!! :D

Back