• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatrron PX845PEV Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no boot!?!?! :mad: i was hopeing that this would work....are you sure you got the right pin?
there have to be away to fix this... :(

Last edited:
I wonder If we could get somone to moddify the bios for this board. I know thier are guys on this forum that can do it.

maby yuo could post a request for one in the intel motherboards section? I know I'v heard of guys doing this just cant remember where.

yeah i'll do that...do you think you could find out a little more about the bios hardware and software..i know its a phoenix bios :D but i think a little more info would help out... i'll to a quick search on bios mods on the net and forums

the pin trick works !!! I enlarged the pin hole and it sliped in without scrathing off the nail polish it works it works it works

So the pin trick works? If someone else were brave enough, they could just remove that pin altogether to 100% verify this fix.

I'm not brave enough ;) plus, I don't need to since my RAM runs fine at 2.66

well I downloaded the pdf file from intel and shure enuf zaps info was corect it had to work! So I looked for what could have gone wrong . First I must have goten some polish on one of the other pins thay are very close together after all. That must be why I got the no boot problem. so this time I used a piece of wire insulation from an old set of headphones . and enlarged the same pin hole on the socket with a piece of wire about the same size of the insulation. Makeing shure it didnt peal back the insulation it took a couple of times but it finaly went in wright. booted up just fine @133 2.4gig with all the memory timeings. ps tell zap I said thanks a lot !!!

well i finally put my system together. i gotta say this board rox!!! i left it too burn in for 2 nights and i finally clocked it this evening at 2.8 @ default voltage. it was acting up alil so i dropped it down to 2.7 with agressive timings (or is it turbo timings).
i wasnt able to get the power led thing to work correctly even though i pulled the wires from the plastic cover and rearranged them. ill play with it some more, but i gotta say im impressed with this board. if i had to say a bad thing about it is the floppy cable location?!?!

Hi Guys

Hey guys whats up do you guys know if one of these coolers will fit this board the px845pe pro II which are the alpha pal 8942 or the swiftech mcx 4000 and which is better thanks guys happy Holidays

If the coolers are made to fit P4 spec'ed boards, then it should fit fine. (don't have those dimensions with me atm..)

From a quick look at the Alpha, it should work fine.

Re: Hi Guys

misterman87 said:
Hey guys whats up do you guys know if one of these coolers will fit this board the px845pe pro II which are the alpha pal 8942 or the swiftech mcx 4000 and which is better thanks guys happy Holidays

I'm currently using the Alpha. No problem at all with clearance.

are any of u guys getting weird temp readings from mbm (if anyone uses mbm)? it says my temps are 42-45 but when i reboot into my bios it says my temps are 35?:rolleyes:

ps tell zap I said thanks a lot !!!
You're welcome. Phoenixofwater gets around, hehe. Don't remember registering here, but apparently I have sometime in the past. Good job on the CPU. Now I have verification that my findings were correct.

Zap said:

You're welcome. Phoenixofwater gets around, hehe. Don't remember registering here, but apparently I have sometime in the past. Good job on the CPU. Now I have verification that my findings were correct.

Yeah...here and there :D... i do what i can :)

All in all I would say this was a fine team effort thank you all for your persistence. Zap, Phoenixofwater you guys are great. ps zap you should write an artical and submit it for the front page. Thiers money in good info around hear 100 bucks I think?

Back