• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

almost ready to start folding on my first rig for folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When ever i talk to someone who is new to computers i always tell them dont be worried about breakin them (mainly software wise im talking about) Its showing people the difference between the pc itself and the software which isnt really 'the pc'.

up and runnin,thanks to all of you,got the modem in,a g-force fx 5200 card(hope to get a better one soon)but I still need to sort out my dvd drive(hitachi)think it is jumpered to be the master,no info on it though

Ah... your first time. :D

I've slapped together just over 100 computers in the last few years and I still get the butt-pucker when I hit the power button for a newly built rig. The more the rig costs, the higher the pucker factor.

The error I make the most is forgetting to turn the PSU switch on. So I plug the comp in, hit the button for the first time and nothing happens. I sit there for a minute and try to think of what I forgot and then realize I'm an idiot. :D

Wedo

Wedo said:
The error I make the most is forgetting to turn the PSU switch on. So I plug the comp in, hit the button for the first time and nothing happens. I sit there for a minute and try to think of what I forgot and then realize I'm an idiot. :D

Hahahahaha. That happens to me all the time, too. I always start to think, "OMG, this sucks, what happened" after a second of panicking I realize how dumb I really am...I forgot the switch. I still think the first one was special, but the best build is my first one that worked the first time I tried to turn it on. Its always fun to build a computer, though.
:D

Matt

Joe Nugent said:
worryed about my temps,but I think I can fold now.How do I get started???

Check out this thread...Wedo's One-Click. Follow the simple instructions and then you are folding. Thats all. If you want to track folding while its working, download emIII here. Remember you can check your stats at folding.extremeoverclocking.com. Also, check out the Folding Links and FAQ Sticky. Good luck!

Matt

sounds great,gonna start reading now ,I have a thread started in cooling to help me deal with my temps

To keep an eye on your temps just install Motherboard moniter or another program so while your in windows you always know whats up with the temps.

Back