• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9370 issues with Crosshair Formula V - Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
https://www.google.com/#q=gelid+140mm+gamer+fan = Gelid Wings and bunches of them.
RGone...

Thems the ones, Canada computers was getting rid of inventory and I got them for $7.98 ea thanks to bassnuts eagle eye.!!

did someone say weirdness???
look at this crud, a larkooler ???? who uses one of those???? I do of course...

what about a zalman resevator???????? when ghetto rigged into an antec 920, I'm all in.
this is my second 9x120 rad, in the pic, about to be 18x120, I'm in the south like you are and need all the help I can get!!!!

Buddy, you paid a price to be here, run what you like!!!!!

water blocks???? pick one you think is pretty, they are almost all real close in performance.

Thatl's true C_D but since when did you care about looks??:rofl:

Must be the clown gloves and the big red nose, honk honk.
Bet that red wig comes in handy when you're benching outdoors Mr. Cleanb :clap:

thank goodness she's blind.
she may kick me in the behind but my world just wouldn't go round with out her.

@C_D Thanks for the info, but I had those thoughts in my mind anyways. :thup:

Funny thing is the adverse weather has been delaying my package. Maybe it'll be extra cool when it gets in! :shrug: :)

Hi,

did you post what LLC settings you are using ?

I ask because I have had 2 8350 CPU's the first one did not like high LLC settings.

If I pushed high voltage (above 1.5v) with any frequency above 4.8Ghz it would just hard lock on me.

I never found a solution, so purchased another 8350 which is the one in my sig.

This one did not have such an issue.

Does not sound very nice but I think your CPU has hit its wall there.

Also noted that your CPU is close to the safe thermal threshold.

Unfortunately the CPU's r very sensitive to temperatures above 62C !

I tried lots of LLC and very little. I think the original pictures were taken with LLC adjusted to give me the actual voltage I wanted. I haven't really touched the machine other than turning it on and off to make sure it's working. Will be doing plenty of stuff after my liquid stuff comes in.

So yeah, mongoled, it's been a while since I've actually done something on that computer. :cry:

*sigh* At least I have this here laptop to do my bidding.

Interesting to note that when prime95 had priority of 10, I could've continued but, can't monitor those temps.

I tried lots of LLC and very little. I think the original pictures were taken with LLC adjusted to give me the actual voltage I wanted. I haven't really touched the machine other than turning it on and off to make sure it's working. Will be doing plenty of stuff after my liquid stuff comes in.

So yeah, mongoled, it's been a while since I've actually done something on that computer. :cry:

*sigh* At least I have this here laptop to do my bidding.

Interesting to note that when prime95 had priority of 10, I could've continued but, can't monitor those temps.

From what I have read abt your CPU and apart from the hardlocks, I suspect that you could have a high leakage chip. As you may know, if you are looking
to get highest clock speed possble, then with AMD FX CPU's its very favourable to get a high leakage chip.

The trick is to control the temps, they put out more heat and use more power, but if you cool them enough they can stretch their legs further than their low leakage brethrens.

:thup:

So we will all see what your CPU can do when you can properly cool it!

:p

Could you list all your watercooling parts ?

On a side note, your in safe hands here, I know of some of the posters from way back, RGone in particular (hi dude :) ) from back in the AMDMB forum before it became PCPer.

These guys are real good dudes, helpful and funny.

Have fun!

:bday:

Could you list all your watercooling parts ?

On a side note, your in safe hands here, I know of some of the posters from way back, RGone in particular (hi dude :) ) from back in the AMDMB forum before it became PCPer.

These guys are real good dudes, helpful and funny.

Have fun!

:bday:

Yep, Hopefully I remember them all!

CPU Waterblock - EK Supremacy Nickel Plating on the copper
GPU Block - XSPC Razor R9 290X + the Backplate
Rads:
Triple 120mm XSPC Triple-fan Black w/ Corsair SP120
Dual 140mm but I can't remember it's name because it swapped out at the last minute. w/ GELID Fans (They aren't the wings, but they have nice static pressure.
Monsoon Series 2 Bay Res with an MCP655 PWM version pump, (Attaches to the back of the res)
1/2 x 3/4 Everything
A small chipset fan for the back of the mobo (Thanks Johan)

Everything else in the package is aesthetics and acoustics.

And yes. These clowns are interesting AND entertaining. :popcorn:

EDIT: Also liking that new Corsair 250D. Might build a Kaveri in it.

Last edited:
Yep, Hopefully I remember them all!

CPU Waterblock - EK Supremacy Nickel Plating on the copper
GPU Block - XSPC Razor R9 290X + the Backplate
Rads:
Triple 120mm XSPC Triple-fan Black w/ Corsair SP120
Dual 140mm but I can't remember it's name because it swapped out at the last minute. w/ GELID Fans (They aren't the wings, but they have nice static pressure.
Monsoon Series 2 Bay Res with an MCP655 PWM version pump, (Attaches to the back of the res)
1/2 x 3/4 Everything
A small chipset fan for the back of the mobo (Thanks Johan)

Everything else in the package is aesthetics and acoustics.

And yes. These clowns are interesting AND entertaining. :popcorn:

EDIT: Also liking that new Corsair 250D. Might build a Kaveri in it.
You may want to look into getting a EK-D5 X-TOP or similar for your MCP655 as this will increases the flow and pressure at restrictive parts of your loop.

That part really doesn't go with the set up I had envisioned, but if need be I'll look into it. Literally the pump attaches to the back of the reservoir and that part wouldn't allow that.

"bassnut" I remember that thread. Man you just pulled up to the base of the mountain and shoved it over and out of the way. Great read. Just shows to go you how much we often think is not so at all. The things you had to change to get the temps down would stall most. But you got 'er done and that is shown in your daily FX-8350 speeds.
RGone...

Was a while ago when the FX8350 came out that I was disappointed with my results primarily with the cooling / temps. Here is a thread I put together when I was working out the details. Take a read and maybe something in there can help. I was able to shave off a good 20*C in my temps.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715371&highlight=bassnut

@bassnut: Thanks, I was actually going to get the black ice stealth for my dual 140 but they ran out of stock. :(

I think I'll be doing something similar here in the next couple of days. Since my liquid cooling package is almost here (seriously UPS? You can't ship 2.5 miles on a Saturday?) I'm going to post some before pics with my current set up and BIOS and what not. Then do one more on screen test to refresh the earlier testing I'd done (The environment has changed since then).

I've been doing some preliminaries and my CPU temp seems to max out a 66 Centigrade (GaH!) after 2 hours but it's stable. Again some pics in the next coming hours.

Thanks RGone ...... With all the heat we deal with in the Socket / VRM area I was wondering what would happen, advantages / disadvantages of cooling the Motherboad chipset with water, keep an eye out for a more condensed and updated FX Cooling solution that is in the works.

the black ice rads are nice and pull allot of heat out of the system but 1 disadvantage they have is a fairly tight and slightly restrictive fin density. If you are going to use them plan ahead and get some good fans for the rads with a decent fan controller after all you don't need to run them fans 100% all the time.

Back