• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 955 & Corsair H50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanael

I purchased an AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, and a Corsair H50 about a week ago. I did my honest research on both componets and found they make a great pair, but my temperatures do not add up, the temperature in the room is 25C all day, yet on stock (3.2Ghz 1.36V) i idle at 34C, and under a Prime95 Test it will hit 50C within about 30 minutes, large FFT stress. This does not seem normal as most review seem to get that on overclock results witht he H50.

For pre-trouble shooting i tried reseating the H50 aprox 8 times now, using differant methods of Arctic Silver 5 applications, no differance. I have tried putting the pump connector on molex, 3 and 4 pin connectors with no differance, i bought 2 100CFM fans in a push pull configuration, with no differance from the stock fan, i turned the fans to intake, and exhaust, with no differance, i positioned the lines fromt he radiator from the top and bottom, and pump, from the top and bottom, with no differance. I put the H50 on a AMD Athlon x2 7750 Kuma at 3.1ghz and it kept it at 17C idle, 30C load for 8 hours, so we can rule out the pump being defective, i bought a thermalrite TRUE and place a push-pull configuration on that, and the results were even worse, 60C load, sometimes 65C when work units would stop and start a new one. I tried a negative air pressure set up in my Antec 1200, having 3 fans on low pushing air in, and 4 fans on high pushing out, and the H50 both intake and exhaust, doing this was the only differance i saw, because the 5970 is exhausting 90F air while idle, the radiator intakes that air and evetually starts heating up, just idling.

so now i have the H50 back on my Phenom II 955 and still sitting on stock because if heat is my overclocking factor, then i have already hit my wall. Is the 955 really supposed to be this hot?

This is idle, and the 45 seconds of load under all stock settings.

Attachments

• 3.2Idle.jpg
    3.2Idle.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 3.245s.jpg
    3.245s.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 594
Back