• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd fx 8120 overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well there is no air conditioner in the room... plus here in india its summer time so here average temp is about 35C.... shall i purchase an aftermarket cooler?? will it help in lowering my overall temps???

We have worked with those in the Philippines where it is hot and they just cannot get the temps fully under control without air conditioning in the room. But you might take the side cover off on the side where the board is and get something like this to blow into the case from the side.
http://www.kmart.com/o2cool-10inch-...W003127980000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

By the way, taking the both side covers off and you only have two small 80mm fans blowing in or out of the case and the side covers off just let those fans blow mostly out of the case and they do no good at all toward loweing the temps. I know a 20 in box fan is what I used to use when benching if needed but they are big at 20inches. The one above is only 10inch size. Certainly they have something like it in India. A 10 inch or even a 14 inch fan blowing into the case from a slight angle will drop the temps some. And only when the temps in the case drop can "any" air cooler do any good. The "air" must be a good bit lower in temp than the temp of the air cooler fins. If not the heat does not leave the air cooler fins well and the cpu runs hot. Good fortune to you man.
RGone...

EDIT:
You need to take a picture of the case from the side where the motherboard is and attach the picture to the forum so we can take a look inside and see what else might be the forecast.
END EDIT.

i hav been searching over net and that there are sveral users facing the same problem of processor running at 47C.. my graphic card is also running at 60C and i m sure dat it will melt soon... i am lokkin forward to buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler.. wat u guyz suggest??

u all will laugh at dis but i put my table fan in front my mobo to lower its temp and it actually helped me...

Attachments

• hw_2.png
    hw_2.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 170
manishsri56, yes getting a CM 212 Evo will help with your temps, though it can only do so much with the high ambient temps. I would bet you will get at least a 10c drop in temps with it, but that's only a guess. That was the first after market cpu cooler I purchased and it dropped my temps on my 955be 20c though the 955 doesn't produce nearly the same amount of heat the Fx does.

heyy evry1, i m back with the problems.. i hav reapplied my thermal paste on my processor.. and it worked well initial idle temp is btwn 21c-26c which is my lowest temp ever.. but when i do rendering or simulation stuff.. my temps change darmatically... they keeps changing like the cpu usage in task manager.. :p and they reach at 63C...

WHAT TO DO NOW??

one mre thing my graphc crd is also heating about 50C... same with my MOBO... ??
any suggestions??

In the Philippines i used to have 2 large fans blowing onto the case with the side door off. That helped to cool things down a bit, but without Aircon lowering Temps in the house, it not possible to do anything else. AJ. ;) :shrug:

Back