• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX8320 Overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karmo63

I have AMD FX 8320 overclocked to 4.23ghz, stock voltage, all stable
but when I overclock it to 4.3ghz is says in stress testing that your sisytem is unstable, then i increased voltage about 0.025VDC and still unstable

is the motherboard bad for overclocking, because i ve heard and read that some guys are able to push this cpu to 4.4-4.5ghz with stock voltage

my stock is 1.408 and when I increase about 0.025 it is 1.425 and sometimes voltage droping under stress test when increasing voltage. Stock voltage is Stable always on 1.408, I have disabled cool n quiet and all other stuff.

motherboard is 990fxa-ud3
PSU is CHIEFTEC SUPER SERIES 750W

litte help is good:thup:

First and foremost read the guide Johan linked, it is all done on a gigabyte board so it should be easy enough to follow.

You're board should be fine for overclocking the 8320, though every chip is different just because someone else can do 4.4-4.5 on "stock voltage" doesn't mean yours will. In addition they may be just leaving the cpu v on auto which will increase the voltage from stock, so it's not necessarily "stock voltage"

You do not list a Cpu Heatsink, if you're planning on pushing this you're going to need a quality aftermarket heatsink.

It sounds like you are using the FSB to overclock and if so you need to adjust other frequencies (and/or voltages) as you go to keep them within stable limits. increasing the FSB also causes the frequencies of the RAM, the HT Link and the CPUNB to increase. They are tuned to the FSB. Have you tried using just the clock multiplier to overclock?

Are you cooling the CPU with the cooler it came boxed with or an aftermarket cooler?

What make and model is your case? How many intake and how many exhaust fans do you have? We need to know something about your case ventilation. Have you monitored package temps under stress? High temps can cause instability.

I using multiplier to overclock, I have'nt used FSB at all.

You get better overclocks using both multi and fsb
Much pass 4.3 and the volts get up there and so does the heat
For 4.7 I need 1.46 but I'm on air so once on wc I should be able to drop it some

Thank you, subscribing to this thread because I am interested in OCing 8320 as well. This is my first time attempting.

MOBO > Gigabyte 990 UD3, revision 1.4
CPU & Cooler > FX-8320, Cooler Master TX3 cooler (air)
MEMORY > Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2x8 GB
POWER SUPPLY > Cooler Master Silent Pro 620W
VIDEO CARD > MSI Radeon HD 7870
HDDs/Optical drives > WD 1TB
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > Mouse (logitech wireless), keyboard (wired)
O/S > Windows 7 64 bit
Case > RaidMax case. bottom mount PSU. 1 rear 120mm fan, top vent.

Thank you, subscribing to this thread because I am interested in OCing 8320 as well. This is my first time attempting.

MOBO > Gigabyte 990 UD3, revision 1.4
CPU & Cooler > FX-8320, Cooler Master TX3 cooler (air)
MEMORY > Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2x8 GB
POWER SUPPLY > Cooler Master Silent Pro 620W
VIDEO CARD > MSI Radeon HD 7870
HDDs/Optical drives > WD 1TB
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > Mouse (logitech wireless), keyboard (wired)
O/S > Windows 7 64 bit
Case > RaidMax case. bottom mount PSU. 1 rear 120mm fan, top vent.
Lukkie, welcome to the forum, if you're really interested in overclocking the 8320 you may be better off starting your own thread. You should also have a read of this guide.

Back