• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom X4 9550 O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turn OFF C1E support. One of our members was reporting some odd behavior with C1E enabled and Vista, a little while ago. It might clear up some of the issues, or none of them, but it won't hurt to try. I'd definitely check with eVGA to see if a new BIOS has been released, or is in the works.

Or is that just the OEM vendor ID voltage default rather than what it's actually set to in bios?

Anyway, I'd say the monitoring software and the bios are not getting along properly with regard to core voltage. I would trust the bios in this case but I would also see if there is a later bios for this board to update to. It may fix the problem. Look under the "Mainboard" tab in CPU-Z and it will tell you the bios version you are currently running. Then go to the board mfg.'s web site and check to see if there is something newer. They probably offer a nice Windows-based utility to make updating the bios a piece of cake.

yea TrenT;
i got tha latest bios as of last week. 01/15/09 v6.00
which was b/4 i started tha O/C adventure.

Turn OFF C1E support. One of our members was reporting some odd behavior with C1E enabled and Vista, a little while ago. It might clear up some of the issues, or none of them, but it won't hurt to try. I'd definitely check with eVGA to see if a new BIOS has been released, or is in the works.

Agreed. I saw the pictures and I immediately thought of C'n'Q.

yea i had to disable C'n'Q so that i could O/C.
but i disabled C1E support too today and i don't c no diff?

I'm out of suggestions. I would assume what the bios says is the way it is and go with it. If its stable that's really the bottom line. Keep checking for new bios releases. You might also contact EVA and seek their input about this irregularity but don't hold your breath. I find better advice on this forum by far than I do with motherboard tech support outfits.

ok sofar thers only 2 things that i noticed with this O/C.

1# firefox, seems to randomly hangs but not to tha point where i have to run Task Manager.
just for like 3-4 sec's.

2# Nero 8 will not burn or Create a Audio cd. so i tried to burn/create a video w/ Nero and it worked. i went to Nero/Config and make sure my sata DVD Burner was default for Nero and there was a red X in front of tha dvd drive. i click "add" then select 18 wma's and click "open" and then click "burn" and thats when it hangs. and i do have to open Task Manger to close it.

could these b related to my O/C ? i suppose the real best was to know is just boot Default bios and try to run them again? lol

Last edited:
ok sofar thers only 2 things that i noticed with this O/C.

1# firefox, seems to randomly hangs but not to tha point where i have to run Task Manager.
just for like 3-4 sec's.

2# Nero 8 will not burn or Create a Audio cd. so i tried to burn/create a video w/ Nero and it worked. i went to Nero/Config and make sure my sata DVD Burner was default for Nero and there was a red X in front of tha dvd drive. i click "add" then select 18 wma's and click "open" and then click "burn" and thats when it hangs. and i do have to open Task Manger to close it.

could these b related to my O/C ? i suppose the real best was to know is just boot Default bios and try to run them again? lol

Do you have antivirus software? It sounds windows related, or it could be a bad platter (highly unlikely).

ok Nero 8 problems is not from being O/C. even at default bios settings still hangs at "writing lead in" for audio cd. uninstalled and reinstalled still no go. but anyway thats my conclusion .

ok Nero 8 problems is not from being O/C. even at default bios settings still hangs at "writing lead in" for audio cd. uninstalled and reinstalled still no go. but anyway thats my conclusion .

Doesn't surpise me. Nero is by far the ****tiest program of all time.

My experience is that many times when a program starts giving me problems when it worked before it is due to a windows update somewhere along the way. If it's a program you don't use very often then it can be difficult to pin down exactly which udate caused the problem. Are you still having problems with Firefox at stock settings?

Doesn't surpise me. Nero is by far the ****tiest program of all time.

whats another good program ? thanks.

o" Window Media Player burn'd them fine, but also my 3 other comp's w/ Nero8 would hang at tha "writing tha lead in" so there's something wrong with Nero8 .so my comp is fine:beer: just need a diff program what u recommend ?:confused:

My experience is that many times when a program starts giving me problems when it worked before it is due to a windows update somewhere along the way. If it's a program you don't use very often then it can be difficult to pin down exactly which udate caused the problem. Are you still having problems with Firefox at stock settings?

yea but its only like a 2-4 sec. freeze or glitch. i can make do with it . im going to do a fresh re install. :)

UPDATE!! Nero 8 is fine, it was tha mp3's that i converted to wma's they were bad. :clap:
:beer:

when i get to tha point that windows is unstable. is that when i need to increase tha CPU VID ?

Typically that's the way to stabilize a CPU - as long as your core temps are holding out. But you do reach a point of diminishing returns known as the "heat wall", where it takes more vCore for stability but vCore increases temps, which requires more vCore for stability, etc.

What are you running for the NB speed and voltage? While it's not as critical on the Phenom I as the Phenom II that can still make or break an OC ...

Back