• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom X6 1055T Overclock problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thornz

Hi there,

My system is ASUS M4A89GTD pro/USB3 Model motherboard, AMD Phenom X6 1055T processor, 2 GB of Gskill Ripjaws CLS 8 8 8 24 ram and Pc Cooler W120 CPU fan is available. I have done necessary bios settings and there is no problem OC 3.8 Ghz within fixed 40-50 C heat. While equipment mounted to motherboard on the outside there is not any problems Whenever move motherboard into the case i have faced with a blue screen and freezing although bios values same and cpu heat is 40 - 50C . I could not detect a kind of problem. Do you have any idea regarding what I must do?

Note : sorry for my english :)

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 200
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 102
  • memory.png
    memory.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
"When the values in the normal case"

What? Can you reword that? It doesn't communicate.

Have you checked the temps again after putting the build back in the case? Unless you have good ventilation in your case I would suspect your issues are temp related. Poor case ventilation will cause higher temps than you were getting with the parts set up in the open air.

Also, we're missing a very important piece of information in your screenshot cluster. Where is the pic of the CPU-z SPD tab that will show us what your memory manufacturer's recommendations for timings and voltages are at various standard frequencies for ram? All we can see now is what you are currently running for timings and frequencies which shows in the CPU-z memory tab.

Last edited:
There is no problem when motherboard outside of the case with this settings.When i move hardware to CASE getting freezing and blue screen errors. (CPU Heat is 50c in the case).

Last edited:
Your memory timings are much too aggressive for the frequency at which you are currently running your ram. You will need to relax them.

Attachments

• Timings.JPG
    Timings.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
I have changed memory settings to recommended values.Outside of the case everything is cool except inside :)

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Can you post pics again of the CPU-z "Memory" and "SPD" tabs and let's check out the changes.

"Outside of the case everything is cool except inside." Are you saying when you put the parts back inside the case the temp gets hot?

What is the make and model of your case? How many fans are installed in the case, how large are they (120mm? 92mm? 80mm?) where are they located in the case, and how are they turned with regard to pushing cool air into the case and pulling hot air out?

Proper fan placement and orientation should produce the effect where cool air is being drawn into the case from the front down low and is being pulled through the case out the back and/or top where the warmed air coming off the CPU cooler and the motherboard is also being exhausted.

Attached you will see an illustration.

Attachments

• case ventilation.JPG
    case ventilation.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 84
Back