• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD's New King For Overclocking!! The AthlonXP 1800+ JIXHB DLT3C 0321

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there's a thread started about a xp1800 which was purchased from newegg.com.... turns out to be a JIXHB and hasn't been OC'd just yet...
Dude says he'll try it tomorrow and see what kind of pwr comes out from this little diamond.

Damn, and to think i just dumped $100.00 on a AQXEA 0330 2500+.
Could've saved myself the high temps and other headaches if i knew about this before (well, time to sell some more stuff at the yard sale).
How fast do you guys think that thing would go on liquid nitrogen?
3.0, 3.5, 4.0, unbelievably fast?
Someone should get one and just for giggles try it......

I hope you know and understand the inherent dangers of using liquid nitro...
our japeneese friends love this stuff, and keep posting some of the worlds most outragous speeds for P4's and AMD's... however, I'd like to see them get online and do some NASCAR4 racing or FPS games like battlefield1942, Quake3 or UnrealTournament... then we'll see how their systems holds up.

I think I will be building a couple off friends computers this week, I'll order 1800+'s for each and will see what I end up with. Somebody might be getting my 1700 if Newegg send one of these babies.

Liquid nitrogen is for suicide runs, it can only be used until it vaporizes. After that your sol. Its not practical and you can crack of some digits if your not carefull.

No kiddin....I mean the highest OC ive gotten so far with this new 2500+ barton is 2500Mhz, and thats even unstable on water. Gives me a windows configuration error. Whats the use of speed if you cant use it? It's like having a Ferrari to get into traffic with. I can understand using clock cycles for SETI or mersenne work, but most games run fine on a system with a halfway decent proc, memory, and GPU.

After talking to my sales rep I MAY be able to order just these chips. She is telling me I may be able to specify the steppings I can get on the chip. Since we can't find anyone else to sell these I will work very, very hard to get this to work (I want one also). If the admins/mods let me I will sell these on the forums. I will keep everyone posted.

you know what, the extra 200mhz on the 1700 is great, but where do you honestly see it in actual work. i dont mean to be sceptical, infact if i had the money i would have 8 ocd watercooled pc's here ina macdonalds chilling room, but the fact is not many of us will be able to tell the extra 200mhz difference, or even 500mhz unless they frequently run stuff like photoshop or rendering, and even then its not a huge difference. what im getting at is dont feel ****y if u ordered something like a 2200 etc... and you see this. its all good. anyway niiiiiiice chip (time to praise) and for the new pc thats what im getting. (soon hopefully)

its no only the 200mhz more, is 200mhz mora than any other athlon can do on air cooling, its not for need, its for fun

oc is tha search for the best ever, doesnt means 1 ou 100 mhz, matters more mhz

Exactly. Overclocking is about fun. I bought a 2100 which clocked to 2200mhz. I then bought an 1800 which would do better. I gained 200mhz for my everyday overclock, and lost $30 after selling the 2100 for a loss.

All in all my games may see a small difference, but I sure do like seeing 2400mhz instead of 2200. :) It has nothing to do with need or practicality. These chips are so cheap now, it's an overclockers dream come true.

I will have on ein my PC in about 2-3 days, a guy is selling me his from the OCUK forums for £30 shipped :p
Cant promise any astounding results though I have a cheapo 300W PSU and PC2100 ram so its a bit sketchy.

Back