• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another big question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

ok i am still having problems with my abit kt7a-raid board and i have no idea how to fix it here it goes

situation 1
i turn the computer on and i get it to post then all of a sudden it turns off

situation 2
i turn the computer on and i get it to post then windows starts to load then suddenly it turns off

situation 3
i get all the way to windows and will load IE 6.0 and get to overclockers and it suddenly turns off

i havent the slightest it is volt modded but looks to be cheaply done i changed psus and it stopped for a while but then it started again after a day or so what is going on here in my sig is my setup minus the kg7-raid which is the kt7a-raid isnt any help would be good help

Take out the voltmod & use a more reliable PSU if the current one your using has dropped out on you. If you get it to work properly with a better PSU then you can try the vmod again if you voltages look ok.

well its a brand new antec server case with an enermax 300w psu i really dont understand sonny please man you have been a reall good help and would be really happy if you could figure this out

Let's do this step by step;

1. Undo the voltmod & set everything back to default.
2. What are your settings in SOFT MENU III regarding voltages?
3. After setting the voltages what are the ACTUAL voltages in the HEALTH MENU inside the BIOS?
4. What are the voltages in Windows according to Via HardWare Monitor V2.04?
5. What are the voltages during full load according to VIAhm only.

I will be expecting to see 4 sets of voltages from you.

ok first set

softmenu
1.75 vcore
3.40 i/o

heath menu in bios
1.78+/- 1
3.46+/- 1

hardware monitoring i dont know i cant get windows to stay loaded i barely can get those voltages as it is as also i can not get them with a full load

SpyderMatrix said:
hardware monitoring i dont know i cant get windows to stay loaded i barely can get those voltages as it is as also i can not get them with a full load
You mean even at default it starts to crap out? What does your 5V rail look like? Did this start happening with the new hardware you put in? Are you sure all your hardware is working on another system? Are all the fans working properly? When your at the BIOS what do the temps look like?

all i have in is the video card and i have a voltmod done by the overclockerzstore thats all i know and yes before i get to far into the comp boot up it craps out

SpyderMatrix said:
.....i have a voltmod done by the overclockerzstore thats all i know......
You might want to learn more about how the VMod is done so we can disable it for testing your system at default. Do you trust the wormanship of the vmod?

no not really as the reason i have bought a new kg7-raid i was wondering if i could fix this thing for my wife

sonny said:
Take out the voltmod & use a more reliable PSU if the current one your using has dropped out on you. If you get it to work properly with a better PSU then you can try the vmod again if you voltages look ok.

I agree with him/her, load is too great somewhere. Is there possibly a pot to adjust the mod?

SpyderMatrix said:
no not really as the reason i have bought a new kg7-raid i was wondering if i could fix this thing for my wife
Well then:D I believe that she really wouldn't mind a non overclocked machine so you can undo or turnoff the voltmod for her.

i unsoddered the mod already im sorry and i still get the same results and all i have plugged in is floppy,hdd and cd-rom and of course my keyboard and mouse and still same results

it kinda went to a good cause well basically my bud used it to mod a water pump for his watercooled rig i told him my prob but he said that he would be able to use the psu somehow so i really cant use it and i found an antec 400w psu for $60 at compusa as soon as i can scrap the money together i will try that one at worst i will buy a cheap ecs board for her to use in the mean time if you can think of other things that would be good and thanx for the help so far

Don't go buying another PSU just yet. My last suggestion was a flop so I might be wrong again. Try borrowing another first so you can make sure. I understand how hard money can get these days & as much as possible I wouldn't want anyone to spend more than they have too.

*********UPDATE*************

i got a new psu for the comp its running ok and all thanx for the help sonny i bought a new antec and put it in my comp and gave my wife a max power psu which worked out for me in the long run thanx a bunch

Back