• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any OC.com Member make waterblocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got any pumps and stuff u wanna sell to me? :)

Oh, and Hoot, which of the two above blocks would be better to use for making a waterblock (may take me a few months to make... i'm still at school (final year) and have tests/exams :( )

?

Thanks mate,

Christian

WobbZ said:
myarse - which block do you find the greater performer, your'ss/Hoot's style of pin block, or the new fin style you created?

I never tested the pin block so i cant comment on that but hoot has also made a fin block from a base almost the same but has not compared the two as the pin block was away for testing.

I think The Hoot style would be cheaper?

my block cost £20 for the base and £3 for the acrylic top and £3 for the barbs but you could use 1/2 copper pipe. Plus any thing like sand paper / glue or silicon you will need.

Also, which two out of these would be better to use for my block (provided i go ahead and make one):

http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/productinfo.php?codeid=800986

OR

http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/productinfo.php?codeid=812438

Whats the difference between a "cold" forged copper heatsink and normal forged one?

I don't know personally, but would other metals still solder onto the "cold" forged one? (or does this process make it sort of "unreactive" to things like soldering?) Which would perform better?

Thanks heaps mates,

Christian

i cant comment on the cold forged / normal forged but you want the ak350 base for the pin fin and the ak360 for the fin type.

good luck

Cooll....

i'm deifnately not going for the fin type :D

Too expensive... this is meant to be a cheapo project...

Maybe i should just buy the new Silverprop Cyclone EVO?

looks nice...

Cool Innovations or Radian heatsinks

Has anyone established yet if these sinks are available in small lots? Cost? I want to follow Hoot's design (friggin' outstanding Obiwan!!) but I don't have access to a mill or any decent shop tools. I need a low-profile, pin-fin heatsink, but I can't spend a bundle on an Akasa > poor Canadian student here :) <

Any help folks?

heck ya!!!!Hoot extremely nice finish you have thier. Everyone else I would give you gold stars If I could.

Back