• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else have a DLT3C 1700 that can not do 2400mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for those people in the 2.3 to 2.5 range, what type of psu are you using? i have an antec 400w from about a year ago (no flashing leds or anything). will that be enough with two hds and two dvds? radeaon 8500

kfunk said:
Try what I did. Up the Vcore to 1.85 at 2.3. Run Prime95, Sandra, and one other burning in program over the weekend (55 hours for me), then bump up to 2.4. Burn in some more over the weekend, and try lowering your Vcore. I'm stable 2.4 @ 1.8

I WOULD definitely NOT try that.
AS overclocking is not guaranteed. But by doing it safely we can reduce the risk of killing the chip. So to the point we know the chip is pretty much crapp out, we do a HUGE jump can make it over the line of safety and instantly kill the chip. For instance, a crazy voltage can kill the chip that fast, so even burning in we still follow steps. NOw, dont compare the voltage that you had or saw with Tbird, Pally or other Tbreds. The DLT3C has been found that high voltage (or pass 1.8v) can be dangerous.

And this is all my thought. Do it or not still your decision.
MameXP,

orangezero said:
for those people in the 2.3 to 2.5 range, what type of psu are you using? i have an antec 400w from about a year ago (no flashing leds or anything). will that be enough with two hds and two dvds? radeaon 8500

I am able to run my XP1700+ @ 2400mhz with 1.825V. I am using Enermax EG-465-VE (430W) PSU and this PSU never give me trouble handling all the device in my box (2 CDRW, 3 HDs, 5 Fans, & Cold Cathode).

orangezero said:

My sig say it all for me.

Im using a

My PSU is a Sparkle 400 watt i bought it as a cheap and cheerful replacment but it seems ok!

Also i do fear some of you are using quite high voltages, 1.8-1.9? i know these tbreds are cheap but there life expectancy is going to be a tad diminished? if people start feeding them 1.9etc

Ive repaired 2 machines in the last month or so where the would be overclocker has cheerfully cooked his Tbred. One chap complaining since his kid fiddled in the bios the pc kept crashing/reseting LOL Tbred b 1800 @1.85 volts with stock crappy cooler (and that was some high temp readings at idle)?

Back