• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever heard of this stuff???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meatpipe

Registered
The reason I ask is I've been offered a 2lb bottle for free, and was thinking of applying it the base of one of my waterblocks.
Here's the linky:http://www.cool-amp.com/cool-amp.htm

And here's what it does..
"Easy to apply on-the-job: Simply clean the contact and apply Cool-Amp with a clean, damp cloth. It applies permanently, depositing a coat of pure silver that cannot peel off and will provide lasting protection against oxidation & surpassing electroplating in performance. (See test results)"
I was intrigued by the coat of pure silver statement.My father-in-law watched me lap a DD Maze 2, and came up with the idea. He uses it in the aerospace industry.He claims it lowers temps on some of the stuff he works on.
Hey-I'll try anything that lowers temps!!!pure silver

Last edited:
That was my first impression also-however, I was told it improves the heat transfer on certain components my father-in-law builds. I'm a network engineer, not a aerospace engineer!! So I have no idea of the components he mentioned or their uses. He also claimed it's used instead of thermal paste on some of the space shuttle stuff--??

Back