• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone liking the new BIOS for A7N8X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The bios appears to do well , but based on the fix list , if you have a 1001C bios and are having no problems then there is no reason to change .

A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1002

1. Update Serial ATA option ROM to 4.1.50.
2. Fix that system fails to flash BIOS by pressing Alt+F2 when USB mouse is enabled.
3. Fix that USB port 3,4 can not resume from S3/S4.
4. Improve motherboard stability when using Infineon DDR333.
5. Support new CPUs. Please refer to website at:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Finally an official release!

I'd like a comparison between this and the UberBios. I flashed to the Uber last night after doing the wire mod to my 2400. The thing that sucked was that it took many tries to get the damn flash utility to respond to my keyboard in going form G > Uber looks like it may have been the USB mouse. LOL

I don't see the need for the extras on the Uber bios because higher chipset voltage leads to instability.

Anyhow I hope this one is more stable for different FSP/Multi settings.

I am using 1002.001uber with great success. So far I've been able to run stable at 213 for over a week now. I can boot into windows at 222 and run benchmarks but a couple of games lock up after a couple hours of playing.

pirate252 said:
whats an 'uber' bios?

It's a bios that was hacked by a guy on Nforcershq.com to allow certain options , particularly control of one's chipset voltage . Used for heavy oc'ing but the voltage increases ( if you do it ) cause some serious heat .

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
hmm, i wish they would make one with upping vcore too

I take it that you mean to up the vcore's current max limits ? Because you can up the vcore right now to 1.85v ( Some would like to see 2.2V and beyond ) .

I'm having a problem trying to download this latest bios from ASUS, I keep getting a file not found error message, I even tried to manually ftp to their site and the file is not listed there, anyone got a link I could use to get it??

Their site is sucking right now. Download AsusUpdate and then connect to the asus.com.de or whatever ftp server of theirs with AsusUpdate and download new bios. That's what I had to do.

Mugen1516 said:
Their site is sucking right now. Download AsusUpdate and then connect to the asus.com.de or whatever ftp server of theirs with AsusUpdate and download new bios. That's what I had to do.

I tried all the ASUS sites I could, and I get the same problem, I hope they didn't pull the bios off for some reason, guess i'll have to try it again in a few days...

Wow.. this BIOS is really nice..
Well.. I haven't tried 1002.001 beta or 1002.004 beta BIOS yet but 1002.003 was latest BIOS..

The new released BIOS, 1002 is the best.. So far, CPU multiplayer was locked with other BIOS except 1001C..

But 1001C is kinda limited with its FSB... 211MHz max and over 200MHz, 204, 207, and 211 were available.

With this new BIOS, u can go upto 250MHz FSB and u still can unlock CPU multi.

I have 1800+ Tbred A...

Oh~ BTW, so far 200MHz was the highest FSB I could go..
Today, I found problem.
One of my Corsair memory is the problem maker..
I requested for RMA.

With one healty Corsair stick, I can go 205MHz FSB 2-2-2-4 @2.6v
very stable.. I'm still testing..

I'll post about it later...

Well,

Updated from 1001C and after a bit of jiggery pokery and changing positions of Ram i am now up tp 195 FSB from 187 so am chuffed. Not much else to say except having no problems and all seems good.

just flashed my m/b from uber beta to the 1002 final, system just as stable as before and i'm using 200.45x10.5 :)

going to bump up the fsb alittle after some further tests to see if my 1800+ can do anymore...

Back