• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquaero 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

ok folks I'm running 19 fans 18 120mm and a single 140 in my BIG *** CASE. I'm looking at the Auaero 6 lt but cant find any in stock anywhere. I want it inside my case as I do not have any ODD bays available due to rads. Anywho this was upgraded from 8 fans that ran happily on my phanteks fan hub but well its limited to 11 fans and I now know why lol. Nutshell I added a 3rd 360mm and put them all in push pull so now 3*360mm rads 3rd rad covers ODD bays.

like I said I'm looking at the Aquaero 6 LT cause its designed for in case setups. I can find the XT and Pro's in stock at PPCS. Question is can I remove the ODD bay mounting parts and screen from an XT or Pro and make it like a LT?? More inline for the pro as its like 30$ cheaper and only diff from XT and Pro is touchable screen and a remote. I'd truly like motherboard control over any option but I'll suffice with software control.

Fans are Aerocool Dead Silence Black 120mm 18 of these

Rated Voltage 12V
Starting Voltage ≧3.0V
Rated Current 0.3A
Power Consumption 3.6W

Areocool Dead Silence Black 140mm

Rated Voltage 12V
Starting Voltage ≧3.0V
Rated Current 0.39A
Power Consumption 4.68W

This is incase ya have another suggested option for a controller. I've also considered the NZXT Grid V2 but I'd think 3 of them trying to run the software might be confusing to it.

Current specs of rig are.

Asus Z170-A
Titan X (non Pascal)
16Gb Kingston Savage
1050 watt psu from Seasonic
M.2 256 Intel drive
1tb samsung 850 evo
8TB seagate hdd
BIG *** CASE

I don''t think you need to control all your fans individually.

Each of your fan draw current less than 0.5A.
Look for a beefy quad or hex channel controller and expand its output with a splitter or two will work.

Fans which placed in parallel configuration with same performances are easier to manage this way.

I have a beefy fan controller but it's a odd bay device and my fans don't play nice with it at low speeds they whine like crazy.

I know I don't need individual control of the fans I already have 3 6 way fan splitter cables for push/pull rads so my thinking was 6 on 3 of the 4 channels and the forth channel for other fans I can use the temp sensor to make it do what I want via temp control just like the mobo header did when I just had 8 fans.

Back