• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arrrrg, my treasure!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually only $23.50, you can see the auction here . Since it has the stand I am going to try to put the fans on the bottom, think it will be high enough off the ground to not hamper airflow?

Put a bunch of chocolate gold coins in the chest, and some of those candy necklaces, and plastic swords and stuff. Make all pirate-like. Munch on the candy and play with the sword while you're online.

I was going to put in fake coins, but I don't think that candy would be a good idea because I get ants in my room. I was thinking of making like a brass jar my res, my drives in boxes, ect. I have some pretty cool ideas so far.

with the treasure chest thing, rather than trying to paint the mobo, have a piece of plexi cut to fit tight a few inches above the motherboard, cards, psu.. etc.. then just throw a bunch of junk jewelry on top. it would save the bother of unintentionally ruining the cards and mobo with the wrong paint.

A better idea with the fish tank is to get a dead mobo, PS, ram, hdd, optical (maybe), cpu and put on some kind of heatsink. Dump THAT in the water, make it look really real, and then build your actual computer hidden under the base of the tank. Make the water glow somehow too. I think it would be cool.

Tay said:
BTW, can you guys read my avatar?

Not well.

moz_21 said:
A better idea with the fish tank is to get a dead mobo, PS, ram, hdd, optical (maybe), cpu and put on some kind of heatsink. Dump THAT in the water, make it look really real, and then build your actual computer hidden under the base of the tank. Make the water glow somehow too. I think it would be cool.

Now thats an idea! maybe even use the tank as the rez, just a little green antifreeze added and also a touch of yellow highliter to make it glow bright. bottom light with UV lamps to give it the eerie look.

dang, here I go rambling again....

Have heard nothing but bad things about submerged components. The more you cover them to protect them for water the more heat you are storing on the components.

I love the idea of a dead board in the tank with the real one hidden. :)

Good luck with the chest. Lots of pics when you are finished!

JT

And if the poor little nemos don't get sucked up into the pump, they probably be boiled alive!

Back