• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock P67 Pro3 + I7 2600K OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it just me or did the voltage in Hwmonitor not change... especially the VID?

Are you sure level 5 is the max or the minimum? Sometimes its the opposite.

4.4 GHz at 1.45V (BIOS) has got to be the worst chip I've seen. :(

Yes you told that few times, that my 2600k is worst you ever seen.
Voltage in HWmonitor is changing both places, in VID with more dynamic, I can record video?

I try offset mode. With +0.50 got bsod after 6-7minutes. With +0.75, Additional voltage +0.20, PPL Enabled and LLC Level 5 (5 is higher, 1 is lower, I will try with level1)
I got stable 4.4 with max temp of 82c. My voltage is ~ 1.34?
z68 4.4 offset +0.75.jpg

your voltage is jumping since you are enabled Intel energy efficiency and using offset mode .
You can disable them in bios and set voltage to fixed .

Which setting is Intel Energy efficiency, cause I disabled most of them. I think offset is better, cause when cpu is not under load it drops to 1v?

I got also 4.5GHz with same settings. Vcore i 1.35 max temps 82.

different intel c state (c1e) , intel speed step (EIST) , limit cpuid max , overspeed protection . i prefer to disable all those to make sure motherboard is not limiting processor power , also some time reducing vcore and switching frequency high and low cause instability .
start with fixed voltage once you got stable you can try to play with auto voltage/freq drop if you are not comfortable with fixed speed/voltage.

All of them are disabled, including lpt port, intel virtualization, c1, c6 any power saving future.
I am glad from this settings + my hardware.
Anyway, will try 4.8 just for sport.
I know, have to be very careful with voltage.
1.5v is something like maximum right?

1.45 is considered max safe , but for quick bench 1.5, 1.55 should no hurt if you keep temp under control ,

1.45 is considered max safe , but for quick bench 1.5, 1.55 should no hurt if you keep temp under control ,

i wouldnt even go that high my 2500k degraded at 1.42v ... that was 4.9ghz though... now to keep it stable i cranked it down to 4.7ghz and 1.375v

i wouldnt even go that high my 2500k degraded at 1.42v ... that was 4.9ghz though... now to keep it stable i cranked it down to 4.7ghz and 1.375v

i wrote about sandy-bridge degradation some time ago : https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/792373-Sandybridge-CPU-degradation-overtime .so 1.42 was stable @ 4.9 ghz then degraded ? how much time it required ? maybe 1.42 was not stable enough at start ? . Each cpu is different , also we should take on consideration psu , cooling , motherboard , diff bios energy save setting etc ...
for me personally if it take 10 year for cpu to degrade from 4.9@ 1.42v to 1.55v it is quite ok since cpu in 10 year will be trash anyway .

I pounded on those CPUs at 1.4+ for quite a while and was OK. They start at like 1.25V give or take anyway.

Back