• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus 5890's and iTracker 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arrakis_The_Dra

Registered
Asus 5870's and iTracker 2

Just wondering if anyone has been having troubles with Asus's iTracker2 which work likes ATi's Catalyst Control Center. Mine started crashing my computer after loading into Vista 64bit Ultimate and eventually the drivers stop responding. So I rolled back by system restore and got the Asus drivers to work with Catalyst Control Center, so far so good.

Asus's Customer Support Response via phonecall.

"Sir, your video cards are overheating, that is why your system is locking up after loading into windows."

My response:

"Impossible, both cards having the fans running atleast around 40-50% from the sound of it and when it does load correctly, the log shows that the temps never went above 55C, I believe its your program to be at fault."

Asus: "I'm sorry Sir but your video cards are overheating :blah:."
:temper:
I just hung up after they kept repeating themselves :bang head. I managed to flash the bios to the newest version for one of my cards for some reason the other doesnt want to do it but I think that is because you may only have one card in at a time when flashing. Either way, I tried looking for the 1.6 version of iTracker 2 to see if it responded any better but it seems Asus never released it or atleast doesn't have it on the d-load section for the card on their support website.

ATi CCC controls the cards just fine. When X-Fire is not needed the 2nd card simply shuts down and when needed, it activates before the game fully loads and runs normally. SO far the system is stable.

Lian Li A80B Full Tower Case w/ 3x120mm exhaust vent top upgrade.
Ultra Cooler TEC Thermo/Electric Cpu cooler
Amd Phenom IIx4 955 CPU Stock speeds 3.22ghz
8gb 4x2sticks of Corsair 1600/1333 Balistix Ram
2x ATi ROG Matrix 5870's w/ 2gb of video memory each in X-Fire x16,x16
Dual WD Velociraptor 10k rpm HDD's in Raid 0
WD 1tb Sata II HDD Standalone
ROG Soundblaster Infinity sound card.
Trinton 5.1 SS Headset to drown out the noise of the fans.

"The Candle that burns twice as bright will burn half as long."

Last edited:
I haven't had any issues with their software at all i have had good look with everything are you over clocking at all? and did you burn it into the bios on the card?

Back