• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V & ATA100 in comparison to the Abit KT7A (i think that's it : what ever the socket a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilfire

Registered
Asus A7V & ATA100 in comparison to the Abit KT7A (i think that's it : what ever the socket a

ok...on my a7v it has seperate primary and secondary ide plugs for normal ide, and ata100...i thought this was pretty cool cuz i could have 4 ata100 hard drives attatched to it and still have my normal ide cables empty, enough room for plenty more. and on my friends abit it just has the primary and secondary ide, but it works for ata100 also. how come they didn't put in the seperate ata100 plugs so you can connect more? is there something i'm confused on?

the KT7A-RAID has 2 normal ATA100 IDE headers and 2 RAID IDE headers. You can connect to the RAID headers without enabling RAID. This board will let you use 8 ATA100 drives. Very cool.

Back