• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe and e8600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cousinmarvin

Registered
Hi, all,

I currently have a e6400 oc'd to 3.1. I want to get an e8600 3.3G and oc it, as well as a new, hot, GPU. I have reviewed stuff for days now, and have decided on this CPU, because it will oc to about 5G with water cooling, which is actually unbelievable to me, but I saw it on someone's cpuz.

Anyway, the e8600 will fit on my Asus P5B Deluxe core 775 socket, but I am totally in the dark regarding whether or not the P5B Deluxe mobo can handle the oc I'm dreaming of doing. :confused:

I can do a BIOS flash, but are the FSB specs of the P5B Deluxe flexible enough?

Does this sound like I know what I'm talking about? ;)

cousinmarvin

P5B Deluxe goes to 400 FSB stock. 500 FSB can be had via NB tweak.

Last edited:
Hi, all,

I currently have a e6400 oc'd to 3.1. I want to get an e8600 3.3G and oc it, as well as a new, hot, GPU. I have reviewed stuff for days now, and have decided on this CPU, because it will oc to about 5G with water cooling, which is actually unbelievable to me, but I saw it on someone's cpuz.

Anyway, the e8600 will fit on my Asus P5B Deluxe core 775 socket, but I am totally in the dark regarding whether or not the P5B Deluxe mobo can handle the oc I'm dreaming of doing. :confused:

I can do a BIOS flash, but are the FSB specs of the P5B Deluxe flexible enough?

Does this sound like I know what I'm talking about? ;)

cousinmarvin

P5B Deluxe goes to 400 FSB stock. 500 FSB can be had via NB tweak.

great board! :thup:

not the best for fsb but it will definitely be capable of 5.0ghz!

my best bet is you will fall short on cooling before you max out the chip or board. if you want to get the absolute best board overall for that chip then i would point you toward the Asus Rampage Extreme. it is a very rare board to find around, but i am sure you could grab one off of ebay. it will not come cheap though :)

let us know how everything goes! :salute:

cold.nut.....Thanks for the suggestion. I want to do the upgrade with a minumum of change to my setup. The e8600 is the fastest cpu for a core 775 mobo. I have seen some nice oc's with the e8600, and by water cooling I hope to get back in the mainstream of gaming instead of being one of those doofs who fatten everybodys' score. ;-)

Back