• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe on P4S533 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: why consider the radeon

bilydkid1970 said:
why???

i've previously read some convincing posts and articles that broke down the cost performance ratio of the radeon 8500 to where it seemed like a better overall buy.

but that gainward ti4200 isn't that much more money.

and it's what i'd rather have anyway.

okay, you convinced me! geforce4 it'll be!!!

-BdK

:)

Just F.Y..I. that I followed this latest GPU performance race (from introduction of GeForce3 that in my older rig) and at the point when ATI came out with Radeon 8500 it was really hard to decide whether to get GeForce3 (which was 6 month old by that time, yet had matured and improved drivers in place) or Radeon 8500 from ATI who managed to be very close to GF3 Ti500 yet a bit cheaper. But since introduction of GeForce4 chip nVidia lost ATI as a competitor for a while.
Even the cheapest card out of GeForce4 series (I'm in not talking about that stripped down marketing move with GeForce4 MX series), i.e. ti4200 beat the crap out of Radeon 8500 and costs just $30-$30 more.

Anyways, I used to be myself an ATI fan and had them since Rage Fury 32MB, All-in-Wonder as well as in my 2-year old laptop.
But when I got my first nVidia product (original GF3) a year ago and now I got ti4400 and I gotta tell ya I am very impressed with features and quality nVidia gained these days.

PEACE
:D :D :D

I was only trying to be helpful.
Sorry, I didn't get the JOKE.
I didn't know you were TEASING.

"so, where did the manufacturer put that built in mobo cpu thermistor on your slot-1 rig????

:D" <<<<-----------------That smiley right there must have thrown you for a loop

The first line you quoted from in your response reads:

"Originally posted by bilydkid1970...that was a joke, poking a little fun at craigiz1"

Then you went on to say in that same response:

"Take time to do a search on the subject and read up on it. You may LEARN something."

Helpful???...."You may LEARN something."... as it was presented reads to be a bit condescending....as it was intended to be, i'm sure.

...WHATEVER

PEACE!
BdK:burn:

Back