• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soulcatcher668

So I sent my card in for RMA because it was not functioning properly.
They sent me what I can only guess was a refurb back. It died in about 30 mins.

Sent the second card back and they now have offered me different card.

So mine is this DCii TOP

They are offering the GTX680-DC2-4GD5 as a replacement.

What do you guys think?

Performance is about the same, it just depends on the title, resolution, and settings you are running at.

I see in your signature you have 3 monitors, and the 680 is the 4GB model so, I would say go for it.

After thinking it over, this is my conclusion.

I am going to take the 680 because it gives me a chance to play around with the top offerings from both AMD and Nvidia.

I am going to try and pick it up tomorrow. ( I live close to the Asus Canada warehouse :))

Same core performance, GB more vRAM, same awesome cooler, lower power draw.

Really the biggest disadvantage of the 4GB 680 is the price. You're getting an even trade...everything else is the same or better.

He's getting it free. That's an advantage getting the 4gb... it cost a lot more than the direct cu 7970 that he has.

Last edited:
A little late getting back to this.... (small car accident got in the way :rain:).

Here she is....
Resize.jpg

960 resize.jpg
After having the 7970 triple slot version.... this thing is tiny.

Setting up Nvidia surround was quite easy although I still haven't figured out how to have presets for different games and tasks like you can in CCC.

I stopped in to get a mousepad today..... found a 256 gig vector drive on sale for $215.00.

Couldn't pass that up, could I. (I think I have a problem...lol)
mat.jpg

So you got a 4GB 680 for the price of a 3GB 7970 and a Vector for $215? I'm jealous. :p

If it makes you feel better..... I did pay 600 bucks for the 7970. I bought it as soon as it became available.

The Vector was a screaming deal though.

As for how does it compare Wingman???

They are both amazing cards. We are very lucky this generation in the fact that you can not really go wrong. It makes the fan boys look even more stupid.:shock:

Back