• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 7770 and Nvidia 770 folding together.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eddyg519

Edit it's a 760 lol ####

Happy holidays guys I've been steady folding on my 7770 and quad core ATI getting about 12k ppd. I've moved the 7770 down a slot on the motherboard and added the Nvidia in. I installed drivers and I can even see the card on msi afterburner. I have the monitor plugged into the new Nvidia. I can't seem to see the card on the folding at home configuration screen. It shows the 7770 ATI but no Nvidia. How can I fold on all these pieces of hardware.

Cheers
Eddy

##EDIT##

So i found the guide on the F@H website and im stuck at this point:

Vista/Win7: C:Users[username]AppDataRoaming

Note: This folder is usually hidden so you may need to type the whole path in the address bar or to enable the option to view all files and folders.

Once you’ve located the directory, copy the folder called Folding@Home-gpu and paste into the same location. Rename the new copy by cutting the “Copy of” off and adding a 2 (or more for extra cards) after the directory name. You will need to repeat the same steps if you have 3 or more GPU you want to use. Here is what it should look :

on my machine i have windows 7 pro and im in c: users\eddy\appdata (this is a hidden folder)\roaming and i see two f@h folders one is FAHCLIENT and one is Fahmon (monitor i take it)

I dont see the Folding@Home-gpu like the guide suggests any ideas? thanks!!

#################

Last edited:
Merry Christmas :santa2:

Which FAH client have you been using ??

If you have not yet, it might be a good time to update to v7.4.4 FAH client. HFM.NET v0.9.2.712 is now Compatible with FAH v7.4.4, so there is really no reason not to use it. V7 makes things so much easier when adding another card etc (Most of the time)

Here is V7 Windows Install Guide, should you need any assistance.

As for which drivers are the best for nvidia etc, sorry can't help ya. :shrug:

ok i uninstalled the old client and removed all the data. reinstalled the v7 and now i can see all three pieces of hardware folding on the web version. i installed hmf.net but it doesnt show much information. ive never used it. i guess ill wait and see what sort of PPD i get.

####

I seem to be having performance issues with the new card... im geting 14K with the old radeon 7770 and 1600PPD with the new 760GTX (also only getting a tiny 230pdd with the overclocked 4100 @ 3.9ghz). any idea why these values are so low?

Last edited:
If I had to hazard a guess, you're cpu is doing too much with 2 vid cards, I'd try not folding on your cpu and see if that will bump up your ppd on the 760

I agree, don't fold on the cpu.
if you have a 13000 work unit it is folding, give it a while to figure it out and ppd should rise.
you have an hd7770 and a 760 folding in the same rig on the same driver????
if so pull the ati card out and tell us what driver you are useing.

start with 327.23 for the nvidia card and then up from there, I use 327.23 with my gk104's (gtx 760's and gtx770) and it seems to produce the best.

ok so i tried the recommended drivers and i get a little more PPD out of the card but its still only 10K out of the 760GTX.... I actually shut down the CPU folding AND removed the ATI card to see if that was perhaps the problem. the 760GTX should be getting more then 10K dont you figure? Here are the stats on afterburner

Temp: 58c
GPU Usage 98%
core: 1137mhz
memory:3005mhz
fan speed: 100% lol

any ideas ? I might as well throw the 7770 back in at least i was near the 20K PPD mark.

What is everyone else getting on the 760GTX ?

thanks in advance
eddy.

9014 (86, 2, 106) 15 hours 40 mins 219
Work Unit (PRCG) Work Unit (ETA) Estimated Points

does that help? I have to leave for work for a few days ill let it rip and have the old lady check up on it from time to time.

let it run, it refigure the ppd after it runs a few percent.
on some work units I show 1676 ppd till it runs a half an hour or so and then takes off.

I through in my gtx770sc, this is how it starts out.
I'll post a screenshot when it updates in a bit.

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 98
let it run a little bit and up the ppd goes.

results for that setup

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 97
  • folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I seem to be having performance issues with the new card... im geting 14K with the old radeon 7770 and 1600PPD with the new 760GTX (also only getting a tiny 230pdd with the overclocked 4100 @ 3.9ghz). any idea why these values are so low?

After you installed & setup v7 did you adjust settings to full for your slot(s) ???

If not fah will not use all gpu/cpu resources available per slot......

I don't think it matters cuda, if he clicked configure button, slots tab, highlighted the cpu slot and clicked remove tab.
on mine, doing that just makes the slider a switch for the gpu slots, I'll post a screenshot of that

yep, just a switch.

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 94
I stopped by storage and grabbed one of my 760's and will run it with the setup you're running, lets see what happens.

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 91
here is the result with the 760, almost 60k in 14-16 hours, not to shabby.
this is with a 13000 work unit.

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 85
So I asked my gf to check the machine and I'm getting 20k ppd with 7770 and 760 gtx. I mean it's more than I had before but only about an extra 8k lol I'm running an asrock mobo I'm sure it's not great. Maybe I'll reinvest in a new rig haahh

where are you getting the 20k ppd figure from?

the board has little effect on folding.

I'm not at home right meow but I think it's advanced viewer ? Bottom right icon...right click second option from the top. Lol

Back