• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 8500 Le 128Mb Saphire??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoNgOkO

Hey!!

I still havent bought the GFX card :cry: couse the PC shop will get them in November :(. But a other shop has the card from Saphire or something like that what is the card like?? i heard that Saphire is a company from ATI. Can any1 explain that to me! Couse if the card from saphire is good i intend to buy it!!!

Thanx

The thing about ati radeon 8500's is that most have the same core gpu, but ram is different. This is what makes the card fast or slow, overclockable or not. I would not touch anything that isn't hynix 3.3ns or 3.6ns

I bought my card retail from Best Buy. It is the ATi Radeon 8500 le 128 meg version, with 3.6 infineon ram. Overclocks to 275/275 very easy, and haven't pushed it further yet. I could go more, but i'm waiting to see if I want to keep it.

I've got the 8500LE 64MB from Sapphire. My model has 4ns RAM & i've got it to retail speeds (250/250 to 275/275). That's at stock cooling, no mods. It accepts the built-by-ATI drivers fine.

So are u suggesting to buy that card. Couse i need to be 101% sure if the card is good ( i worked 1 and a half month very hard so i can afford that card now and i dont want to buy scrap ). But what is about Saphhire the guy at the local shop sayd that that is a Secondary compani from ATI and that the Saphhire are only drivers. But as usual i dont belive them couse they are full of s**t.

I have heard bad things about the Saphire card. If I were you I would get the Gigabyte or the retail card.

btw, are you wanting the 8500 64MB? or the 8500LE 128MB? or the 8500 128MB? and what are you wanting to spend on it?

Oh i would buy the gigabyte version of the ATI 8500 but the card isnt available here and the Retail ATI-s cost about 230$ here and that is 100$ more than i can afford.

i can spend MAX 150$ and i want to buy an ATI 8500 Le 64/128 doesnt matter. The normal 8500-s are to expensive here.

I personally have had no experience with it but I have heard many bad things. So you are getting it locally? Why not online, if you dont mind me asking? Where are you from?

I am from Slovenia and we dont have any of those on-line shops here. But if i would order a card from the USA i would have to pay a whole fortune 4 the shipping and what to do if would need to RMA it.

Well the Gigabyte 8500DV is a good choice if you can find it, it can be found online for under 90.00 US and even with shipping I am sure its still a better deal than the Saphire. But thats up to you, I am not telling to not buy it, it may turn out to be a nice card. All I know is what I have heard, and I have had several people tell me its not a good buy.

(I have no idea what shipping would be so I am just guessing, btw)

I belive u !!! At first i wanted to order the GFX from the USA but then i found out that i would need to pay the shipping + tax + customs upen the box to check + tons of other things. But i will ask again at the post office 4 more details. But i have another option my cousine is currently in the USA he is studing there. I could tell him to bring me a GFX. but on the other side i would have to wait till the middle of November and what if the custums get him or if the card isnt working properly.

Back