• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AWOOGA!!! THE GREAT EVGA ARMY APPROACHES... AWOOGA!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
EVGA JUST Broke the 100,000,000 point barrier and is coming at us at an astounding 6.4 million ppd :eek: :eek:.

There's 2 things we can do about this...

Option 1. We can assume a fetal position and brace for total annihilation like a bunch of pansys. :chair:

Option 2. We can rally together, Stay one step ahead of EVGA, and trample OCAU with our own army. :salute:

*We may be the smallest team in the top 10...
*We may not have a million PPD super folder...
*We may feel the situation to be hopeless...

*but...
*We are one of the most innovative teams in folding history
*We have the drive and determination that gives us the highest PPD/User average of any team in the top 20.
*We do not give up :salute:
*We are a community
*We are a family
*and together we are stronger than any army.

THE RALLY BEGINS NOW!

Click Here to watch the new OC Folding Vid

Click here to get motivated!!!

Last edited:
That does it! When I get home, I'm going to OC the toaster, microwave, TV's, DVD players, and anything else I can get my hands on in the house, and get them folding.

Actually, I am going to get ahold of my corporate client, and see if I can convince him to let me fold on his blade servers. He started out with 3 blades, moved up to 6, and the last time I talked to him, he was thinking about adding another 3. Maybe I can get the 50 workstations in his office folding as well. Being P4's I would have to set them up with uniproc, but every little bit at this point helps.:beer:

OPTION 2 Baby!!!!!!

Batten down the mizzen-mast and stow those main lines!!!!

I've got two old HP netservers running 2 500Mhz P3s bringing them online hopefully in the next two days. I know its not much guys but its something more than what I was pushing. Right now with the heat out I'm heating my house on rigs alone. I just RMA'd another Asus A8V-E SE today. Soon as thats back I got a 3800+x2 for that badmutha. I wish I could give more but I'm tapped out.

Keep em folding and just remember. We may not be able to beat EVGA but I'll be damned if I just roll over. I've never went down without a fight.

Now everyone KILL!!!!! Errrrr I mean FOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That does it! When I get home, I'm going to OC the toaster, microwave, TV's, DVD players, and anything else I can get my hands on in the house, and get them folding.

Actually, I am going to get ahold of my corporate client, and see if I can convince him to let me fold on his blade servers. He started out with 3 blades, moved up to 6, and the last time I talked to him, he was thinking about adding another 3. Maybe I can get the 50 workstations in his office folding as well. Being P4's I would have to set them up with uniproc, but every little bit at this point helps.:beer:

You do that deadlysyn. Those P4s will net you about 900 points a week/per rig if on 24/7. My P4 3Ghz 1M L2 is doing a uniproc every like 5 - 6 days. I fear these P3s will take a bit longer though.

I should have another GTX 295 by Monday or Tuesday of next week. That is good for another 16K PPD or so.

You do that deadlysyn. Those P4s will net you about 900 points a week/per rig if on 24/7. My P4 3Ghz 1M L2 is doing a uniproc every like 5 - 6 days. I fear these P3s will take a bit longer though.

It all depends on permission. If I can get permission to borg that particular office (and I have been working on it), I will be getting started on it ASAP. I just want to make sure that I have the ok in writing before I go anywhere with it.

I got my new C2D E7500 + HD3450 system folding at work. I only expect 1500ppd from that sucker max. We need 3.5MILLION more PPD just to keep these EVGA guys off our tail. Hopefull Stanford will get the OpenCL client out to us in January so our ATI GPUs can get some real work done!

Number one please :chair: :p

Actually I'll try to increase production. Going for second highest production in the team
awsm.png

"borrowed" another wireless adapter and got my other rig folding on GPU and CPU.

Getting another 2500ppd combined out of that rig.

:salute:

If someone can figure out how to get it running on SPARC architecture (either linux or solaris) --NO VM!-- let me know -- I've got some serious number crunching hardware ready to rock. I've even got a couple of Sun E450's to donate to someone that wants to run those mammoth old beasts :-D

Just added a handful of 8x and 16x core machines. Let's do this!! \m/

If someone can figure out how to get it running on SPARC architecture (either linux or solaris) --NO VM!-- let me know -- I've got some serious number crunching hardware ready to rock. I've even got a couple of Sun E450's to donate to someone that wants to run those mammoth old beasts :-D

Just added a handful of 8x and 16x core machines. Let's do this!! \m/

There are no SPARC clients unfortunately :-(

I'd take an E450 off you for the hell of it except the cost of postage would probably bankrupt me :>

I love the sentiment, but that's the wrong team, imo :D

Our race should be against OCAU.

Pass up OCAU - we are gaining at more than 1 million ppd, but we need all of it, because they will come roaring back during the hot Summer months. (When it's their Winter). We need to build up a lead that they can *not* overcome.

The EVGA team has natural advantages that no other team can match. As long as we're passing up the OCAU team, we will not have lost any ranking as a team.

Passing up OCAU has been a long held dream of this team, for several years. It seemed we might pass them when the QMD's came out. But the QMD project was canceled before we could catch them. When Zim was here, it again seemed likely, but then he left, a great Chimp Challenge was won, and the Summer heat and general team lethargy, allowed the Aussies to surge back into a very comfortable lead.

<< It's time to *PASS* OCAU! >>

Adak, Re-Read option 2...

As the saying goes...

You don't need to outrun the bear, just the other guy...

Trust me, the goal is to pass OCAU... but we can talk about goals all day long. It's the giant grizzly that's on our tail that will provide the motivation to get us off our seats and moving towards that goal at lightning speed ;)

Also, evga is set to pass us before we pass OCAU and the thought of 5th place leaves a sour taste in my mouth... If we somehow manage to hold off EVGA then we will naturally pass everyone in front of us ;)

Last edited:
Dear gawd, the man wants me to read!! :D

Let's talk about 2.7 months, and let's bring that down, and pass OCAU by the end of January! :clap:

Since EVGA is a sponsored team, they don't concern me. I've been hoping we'd pass up OCAU (which is very much like our team - even their team number of 33), for years.

Back