• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX370-Gaming K7 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mOtH3r_bUrN3R

Registered
Hey all,

Its that time of year again to test myself and my patience on new builds. Its been awhile and Id appreciate any help on the following set up.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 3.6ghz / 4.0 ghz boost.

AX370-Gaming K mobo wont post. The lights go on and stay on. CPU fan runs. PSU fan runs. LED indicator light shows AE indicating "legacy bios" which I cant seem to understand for the life of me. I have tried single slot RAM insertions without any avail. I have tried unplugging SSDs. I have tried GPU out.

I think it might be the memory, but it should in essence work unless I somehow messed that up. I am running DDR4 PC4-3200 CL 16-18-18-38 1.35v 16gx2. I am seeing some issues with the compatibility on other people around the net for 3200, but it clearly list that it runs it on factory site.

Any help would be appreciate greatly.

Best,
E

Last edited:
Got it working. Cleared CMOS. Used TV instead of monitor and was able to load windows 7. Fresh installed Windows 10 and we are good to go.

AE --> clear CMOS first. Check that new monitor natives are able to read off the mobo presets.

All the best guys,

E

Did you have Windows 7 loaded on it when you first had problems?

Had windows 7 on it, but that wasnt the issue. It was more likely related to native resolution of the new 4k monitor (not showing Bios) and also resetting the CMOS to get it to post. I tend put Windows 10 over the 7.

Back