• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
furiousfords89 said:
im not sure if this belongs here, but i finished playing about 20 minutes ago and i gained about 300 points total towards my rankings after being in a kickass blackhawk squad, but my stats arent recorded for that session :bang head
exactly how are stats recorded? i heard that if you quit playing before an entire game session finishes ( when the list on the bottom right is full) your stats wont be recorded..is that true?

Anything after 5min of play is recorded....just be patient, sometimes stats load right away and somethimes it takes hours or days to load...if you go to bf2s.com and look up you profile you will find that it shows your last battle and last time updated....that will give you an idea of the time lag for updates

invisible hand said:
Anything after 5min of play is recorded....just be patient, sometimes stats load right away and somethimes it takes hours or days to load...if you go to bf2s.com and look up you profile you will find that it shows your last battle and last time updated....that will give you an idea of the time lag for updates

im already using bf2s.com :)

i find that after i restart the game it updates, dunno for sure, so what are peoples highest scores....im on around 273 or something- not had it very long/not good player at first

I had trouble with my BF2 + ATI 9600pro on version 1.01 :(
v1.02 patch helps a little for me, no glitches yet encountered :rolleyes:

hey does anybody have this problem in bf2? i'll be playing for about 2 minutes or so and then i'll get a half second pause every 2 seconds, and i mean EVERY 2 seconds, i looked at my hdd activity and sure enough every pause i get the hdd lights up and (my hdd is audible) i can hear a LOT of activity goin on when its lit, i have 1gb of ram so it shouldn't be THAT bad, this is on my rig in sig. when i pause the game and go to the menu the sound is playing in slow motion.... id say 1/4 speed and then when i resume it runs at 30fps constant and the sounds are all screwy, ive tried setting it to software sound but doesn't help. any ideas? thx in advance

invisible hand said:
lol...I was playing against you a couple days ago...I remember the name

LOL it says I'm your worst enemy :)

heh...well i barely got the game 2 weeks ago lol and this is my first try at playing fps online since i never played cs :bang head..theres a valid excuse lol :p

Anyone had troubles updating? First i had the game installed in a custom directory, and it said it could not find the executable file. So i tried to uninstall, didnt work. manualy deleted. Reinstalled in the normal directory. Now when i try to update, it says the update fails and doesnt finish. Any ideas?

If you have battlefield installed into a non-defualt directory, do this....

Solution here:

to fix this prob you need to do the following

(below is done by Ragnar 11651173)

Execute Patcher, Choose language, wait for welcome screen, don't hit continue.

go to your documents folder and to this location:

c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

patch.exe "c:\FolderWhereBF 2Is"

Watch the magic happen.

took it from some forum.

in angry person terms by someone else on the BF forums..

ell, they must be followable because I made it work just fine. You hit the patch, get past the Language Picking screen, and then you see the little progress bar unpack the installer. At that point, just leave the patch installer, and navigate (that means "find your way") to the folder which DeSeis might not have labeled perfectly, and that is: c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp, where the "documents" part of it is actually named "Documents and Settings". You have the folder, we all have the folder, because we all run Windows. The way I found the confusingly named folder w/ "{aa8744329821etcetcetc} was to sort the folder by Date Modifed, then just find the newest folder ("Oh gee, it says it was just modifed less than 1 minute ago"). Copy the contents of this temp folder to a folder on the desktop. Then, Open the command prompt, navigate (again, "find your way") to to the folder on the desktop you just created. From there, simply type:

patch.exe "thefullpathtowherethe BF2.exe exists"

just like that. For me it read like this:

patch.exe "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

and, yes, you use the quotes. If this is tough for you to understand, I recommend trying to do it, because it works, it's failsafe even if you installed BF2 in another place, because you use the "path/path/path" to show the patch where BF2 is, and you'll learn something about patching.

AlucardCasull said:
Anyone had troubles updating? First i had the game installed in a custom directory, and it said it could not find the executable file. So i tried to uninstall, didnt work. manualy deleted. Reinstalled in the normal directory. Now when i try to update, it says the update fails and doesnt finish. Any ideas?

The patch takes quite awhile to finish , let it run for about 3-5 minutes .

If the update said "update failed" , not to worry as it (should have) still installed . There was a message stating that the update will say this but the install will still be good .

NOTE: Upon installing v1.02 you will see references to v1.01. You are not installing v1.01 but are installing v1.02 (referenced in the game browser as 2484)

when it failed for me, i didnt even get any progress. nothing was ever installed. just did what i posted before though and its updating as i type.

Barneyfied:
Find the temp folder, copy its contents to C:\temp
Go to command prompt, type C:\temp\patch.exe "C:\WHEREVER BATTLEFIELD IS INSTALLED"

alright i dont know who mentioned this but i can't thank them enough, they mentioned that if you have ATI Tray tools (sadly for ati cards only) to turn on triple buffering :O bf2 runs like a DREAM now, i don't see how it works but i almost doubled my fps (again i don't see how tb helps it but i used to get about 45-55 fps constant, now i still get 45-55 but when im in close quarters i get anywhere from 65-85 (capped by vsync) it looks and runs MUCH better- thx

maxxoverclocker said:
alright i dont know who mentioned this but i can't thank them enough, they mentioned that if you have ATI Tray tools (sadly for ati cards only) to turn on triple buffering :O bf2 runs like a DREAM now, i don't see how it works but i almost doubled my fps (again i don't see how tb helps it but i used to get about 45-55 fps constant, now i still get 45-55 but when im in close quarters i get anywhere from 65-85 (capped by vsync) it looks and runs MUCH better- thx

Where can I enable the triple buffering?

Provided you have ATI CCC installed (mine is V5.4), go to "3D", then "API Setting", on "OpenGL" and select "trible buffering"! As you can see it is for running games in OpenGL only. As for myself I have not tried it yet because I am running BF2 (Demo version) perfectly stable in all respects despite I am only having 512MB RAMs. However I am going to upgrade mine to 1GB next Monday and should be interesting!! :rolleyes:

maxxoverclocker said:

Turn off vsync too , that will help in over all fps ! :)

Back