• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best boxing game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got Mike Tysons Punch Out on NES
Riddick Bowe Boxing on SNES
Ready 2 Rumble on Dreamcast
- Best replay value is Mike (of course)
- Riddick has a create a boxer mode which is nice for back then , its a good game, specially for the 8$ I spent.
- Ready 2 Rumble , I like the idea of fighting real boxers ... good for Multiplayer , nice replay value .
BUT NOTHING BEATS MIKE TYSON PUNCH OUT ON NES !

TUK101 said:
I loved Mike Tysons Punchout, but I think that the Knockout Kings series was the best. I remember following a lot of those boxers when I was growing up, plus any game that has Rocky Marciano in it has go be good.

There was a old genesis game with Rocky Marciano, Evander Holyfield and other great heavyweights.

I think it was called "Greatest HeavWeights"

Now that game was a blast!!!!!!!!!!

THATS THE EXACT SAME SETUP AS Riddick Bowe boxing !!

just didnt have famous people, probably would kept me more interested whoopin up on Louis , etc.

Still not as good as Mike tho ;-)

<--- blocks out any memorys of tarnishing the greatest boxing game of all time.

Dont you find it odd that the greatest game of any genre is on NES ?

This thread just made me dust off the ol NES and play some Mike Tysons punch out :p
Its been so long since i played ANYTHING on the nes that I got my *** royally kicked by Glass Joe :cry:
Im up to the bull guy now :D

Glass Joe . lol , those were the days ! I like hippo dude who does the side to side and has the empty belly .

I think NES had some of the greatest games of all time.

Mario Brothers, Zelda, Punch Out, Metroid, Techmo Bowl and so many others.

Not to mention it was a HUGE leap in graphics from the Atari. At the time it was like having Arcade graphics at home.

Makes me sad that I sold mine:(

OC Noob said:
I think NES had some of the greatest games of all time.

Mario Brothers, Zelda, Punch Out, Metroid, Techmo Bowl and so many others.

Not to mention it was a HUGE leap in graphics from the Atari. At the time it was like having Arcade graphics at home.

Makes me sad that I sold mine:(
You can by the systems for like $5 now :p

I'd love to get my hands on a good working NES!!!
I'd have Punch Out, W&W3, SMB for the original game (I have SMAS on SNES), Contra (Best game of all time!!!), MTPO, Duck Hunt with the gun, Metroid, Zelda, Castlevania(1, 2, & 3), Bionic Commando, Bubble Bobble, and Double Dragon...wow that's a lot of games that I miss...hahaha...

I'll have to do a search there. I can't believe they go for so cheap even there. I might pick up an Atari 2600 while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip.

SinsFeelNatural said:

I live in PHX arizona and the price for a working NES is up to about 75 bucks. im not joking either.. crazy huh
And they sell for $5-20 at several misc stores here in WA

Hmmm I sense an opportunity for profit :D

Back