• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mooyo: I don't think the plans are pro-rated at all, they weren't when I worked there thats for sure. Might also be different expecially if your at the main store there in MN.

I work at the Burnsville store which is about 10-15 minutes away. Policies shouldn't differ throughout the stores anyway it just depends on the management. There's been a few plans I myself have returned (things I had bought but decided to sell to friends or family and had already bought service plans on). I don't see customers take advantage of it that often but it is written in the plan

"...This Plan can be cancelled by you at any time for any reason by sending to us notice of cancellation: (a) within thirty (30) days of the receipt of this Plan, you shall receive a full refund of the price paid for the Plan provided no service has been performed, or (b) after thirty (30) days, you will recieve a pro rata refund, less the cost of any service received."

This is the email i got today from BB Customer Service.

Robbie,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your computer repair. I'm Thomas with Customer Care. I am sorry to hear that your computer is not working properly and would be glad to assist you. Your power supply is covered by your Performance Service Plan (PSP) and can be replaced. I am unsure if you just need a new power cord or if it is the internal components that are not working properly. In order to order a new power cord for your notebook, please contact our PartSearch department by calling 1-888-BESTBUY or by emailing [email protected]. Our PartSearch representatives are specially trained to resolve any questions or concerns you may have about replacement parts. Please note: You will need your purchase and PSP information when contacting partsearch in order for them to replace your power cord. If you determine that it is an internal component causing the notebook not to work, you will need to bring the notebook in to you local Best Buy and have it sent to a service center for repair. Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns. Best Wishes from Best Buy, Thomas and the Customer Care Team

I wrote back, that I am not going into that store for any reason. So they either A. need to find a way to fix the problem. Or b. i am going to contact a consumer relations company and see what can be done.

...They just said they'd replace the part for you, no? It's a pretty quick phone call from what I remember.

If it's something in the computer and not the cable you can go to any Best Buy, not just the one that screwed you over. Unless you meant Best Buy as a whole.

Back