• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Office Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

I have my work computer (my laptop) and I have my gaming computer. The problem is, I don't want a full fledged office suite on my gaming computer as I rarely open .doc files or .ppt files etc. I want something light and fast. I simply want to be able to type .doc's and view everything else. What should I use??

i can't find anything!!! :bang head

Why not something few like libre office or even using google docs

If you need to quickly view them on your system, it is going to depend on your system. LibreOffice is going to be the free version, but I'm not sure how it is on non-SSD hard drives, but it opens pretty quickly for me. Even on my work machine, Office opens nearly instantly after I open a file.

For some reason, I'm not a huge google docs guy. I like everything else that google does, but, can't seem to get used to google docs.

I will definitely consider libre office. As long as it's faster than open office :mad: (*punches 5 year old next to him in the face*).

Considering that LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, I'd say there probably isn't a huge difference. Is it possible to leave a new document open on your system so the files are loaded? If so, opening files should be instant in any program.

If you need to quickly view them on your system, it is going to depend on your system. LibreOffice is going to be the free version, but I'm not sure how it is on non-SSD hard drives, but it opens pretty quickly for me. Even on my work machine, Office opens nearly instantly after I open a file.

It should cache on my ISRT SSD. Sounds like libre office is winning. Why haven't I heard of this program? :confused:

Abiword. I have libre installed but never open it myself. Abi works fine. The windows exe is at v2.9.2 & is 9.3mb.

Back