• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBFoxbat

Registered
Let's here personal opinions on the best CPU waterblocks out there. Give some justification please. I'm still considering which waterblock to buy, or perhaps making one

Ive been using a maze3 for a while now... So far its been some good/some bad. At first, I had terrible leaking problems, so I had to go way overkill with the sealing (3 hose clamps and half a tube of silicone). It also crushed the core of my tbird 1.4- but after the installation headaches it seems to be performing niceley so im happy overall. One word of advice: get metal mounting hardware, the plastic stuff that usually comes with it is awful.

wb

leufen sold a direct die block that worked well-no probs.
now its on a 220w tec-xp1800 @ 1935. sites been down awhile...

leufen sold a direct die block that worked well-no probs.
now its on a 220w tec-xp1800 @ 1935. sites been down awhile...
oops, i've been gone-new sig

Liss said:
you do realize that not everybody is a member there..

So, what's the big deal? Sign up for a membership. Some of the most creative stuff in cooling is going on there.

Since87 said:

So, what's the big deal? Sign up for a membership. Some of the most creative stuff in cooling is going on there.
Very, VERY true. And yes, I believe Cathar's block will spank anything out there right now. I know that in his and other people's tests, it outperforms EVERY Cyclone block and the Maze 3 by 5 - 6C. I have 2 on order...

nikhsub1 said:

Very, VERY true. And yes, I believe Cathar's block will spank anything out there right now. I know that in his and other people's tests, it outperforms EVERY Cyclone block and the Maze 3 by 5 - 6C. I have 2 on order...

Wow, I was thinking most every block out there performed basically the same, but 5-6C better is actually significant. That's a nice block! Please please please someone test one against maskedGeek's s-type block!

i dont even have my blocks yet, in 2 days i should... ill prob test it, but most likely itll woop it, just because its the best design...

JML said:

Wow, I was thinking most every block out there performed basically the same, but 5-6C better is actually significant. That's a nice block! Please please please someone test one against maskedGeek's s-type block!
Well I have 2 of Cathar's blocks coming, could be here this week. If Masked wants to send me an S Type for testing, I will...

i do know that the microfin block will beat it, unless theres some odd mirical.. ;)

YGPM nik

nikhsub1 said:

hmm, its closer to 3C (see here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showt...23929&perpage=30&highlight=Micro&pagenumber=2)

anyway, it is still very good, and shows water a good design can achive (instead of a monkey with a cnc following the same cross drill pattern)

i think the best waterblock has yet to be found, watercooling has really just started, we just need lots of crazy ideas so we can find a good one.

Back