• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800GT biod mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
BFG 6800GT bios mod

i modded my bfg gt bios with OmniExtremeEdit v1.2, changed the gpu voltage to 1.4V, set 3d default clocks at 410/1.1. Max OC increased from 415/1.15 to 425/1.18, temps rose 3C idle and load

Do at your own risk, do not flash if you are not familiar or confortable with it

Last edited:
sure thing my friend ----- nvflash -p -u -f bfggt14oc.rom ------ im currently using Expertool to have the fan at 100% speed a 2d and 3d to make up for the extra heat

Attachments

• bfggt14oc.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 178
  • flash.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 172
My water block should be here tomorrow. I'll wait till then. It should have been here on Friday but that damn hurricaine held everything up. Still not sure if I have to work tomorrow, the place looks like a demilitarized war zone down town.

BFG 6800GT bios - 1.4V, 425/1.12 clock speeds - close to BFG Ultra OC clocks

Attachments

• bfggtUOC.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 153
im using the stock cooling, im not going to try 1.5V on with the stock hsf, and at 1.4V(Ultra stock voltaage) it is solid

Cool deal, with the water block I should be good to go. I would run it on the stock also, but no sense seeing that the block should be here tomorrow anyhow, if fedex is running. Half of florida is in a shambles.

I think I'll test it out also.. Can you give a brief step-by-step as I've never used NvFlash before. Thanks.

Blah, nevermind.. There's a sticky for it! :p

Last edited:
Try nvflash -p -u -2 with the name of the rom file right after with 1 space,ie;
nvflash -p -u -2 larrys.rom (not larrys rom of course).
You will need cwsdpmi.exe in with the .rom file and the nvflash.exe file on the boot disc too, if you are flashing from dos.
I flashed with a Leadtek bios that I got off hardforum today, which changes the voltage only in 2d/3d to 1.4v and not the clock speed. Works very well. :)
Flash at your own risk of course!

you need a boot disk, cwsdpmi.exe needs to be there as well, if not you need to add a file for dos compatiblity

Last edited:
Back