• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice Radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sunrunner20 said:
And a clarification, 4-40 is not the standard used by most companies, machine standard seems to be 6-32(however I doubt that will go through a rad w/o lots o fin bending)
And, by sheer I mean this kind
|
|
| <--- Force going perpendicular to the length of the all thread.
---------
|

| is the all thread
------ is the case

Ya i knew what meant by sheer..

And 4 is somthing im gonna hafta look for because the 6 literaly screws into the mouting holes :) so the 4 is prob gonna owrk better anyways :)

I did exactly what you are talking about, I took a #4 bolt, they came with these big anchors but were 4" long and that is exactly what I needed. however, since you need a longer bolt, go with the #4 rod. #6 is toooo big trust me. I used my Dremel with a cutting disk to cut off the excess length of the bolts, about 1/4 inch, they screw right into the 4 holes on the Black Ice Extreme so I didn't even have to go through the fins at all. . I actually looked at the rods as my first option, but the smallest I was able to find is #6.

Back