• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue and UV..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bicster

Registered
would blue light from a CCFL have any effect on UV senstive stuff? (blue 70mm to 80mm adapter and blue fan grill (bot UV sensitive) )

with the blue CCFL it will slightly react but not by much.

and clarkkent, what do you mean by activating UV lighting? last time i checked you just flip a swich.

OK what i meant was. You hear about something being UV Reactive. How do you make it glow? Blacklight? A UV light? What does a UV light look like I've never seen one?

ClarkKent said:
right on. So any blacklight will make UV painted/plastic glow. Thanks for the help.
Yes, UV/blacklight CCFLs agitate the flourescent or phosphorescent molecules in UV reactive items to the point that they emit their own wavelengths of light. Phosphorous can be found many places, such as the bleaches or whiteners in typing paper, bacteria, and a number of bodily fluids in all manner of living things.

Scorpions for example are nearly impossible to find at night in the desert without a blacklight.

Back