• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Flame PS2 Stand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

I recently completed this little project and figured I would share it with you all here. It's a stand to hold a slimline Playstation 2 vertically as well as make it look and run cooler. :sn:
These are the final pics, you can view the full thread with pictures of the actual creation process HERE...

BlueFlamesFlat002Medium.jpg
P6050019-r.jpg
P6050021-r.jpg
P6050024-r.jpg
P6050027-r.jpg

Last edited:
imposter said:
sexy man THAT looks super sweet! try selling a few?
HAHAHA, it took waaayyyyy too much time to make more than one of these things. Thanks for the kind comments though guys! :)

MattsterMH said:
how the heck are you supposed to open the disc tray?
HAHA, you have to take it out of the stand, change the disk, then put it back in. But we only play one or two games (mostly just one) so it's not really an issue :beer:

luk3 said:
really nice :) you cut it all with the hand saw :eek: ?
Yep, a coping saw. It took a while, but I wanted to make sure I didn't slip with a dremel or jigsaw and totally mess something up or have it catch and break it. The hardest pat was actually trying to sand the edges! :bang head

wow... i'm sure everytime you take that ps2 out to put a game in, you stare at the flames and think about ALL THAT HARD WORK!!!

you're gonna be showing it off for a while, AND... you're gonna suck at your games cuz ur gonna be too busy staring back at the console instead... and this i'm not even joking about... i know you're going to keep staring at it. :) i know cuz i would.

great work, my friend... very clever mod

Suprchargd said:
Wow. Beyond my skills. Great work. Quick how-to for us dummies?
Well, grab yourself a sheet of acrylic, trace on your design, clamp it down, and start cutting! You can look through the pictures in the worklog to get an idea of the process it went through. Just post if you have any specific questions about how to do something in particular. :)

EmAn said:
how much???

i dont have a slip ps2 but i still want it

NICE FLAMES did you use a stencil for it? they look perfect
ROFL, it's not for sale, sorry. It is sitting happily in my girlfriend's apartment (since she is the one with the console, not me).
I did a google image search for "flames" or something like that and found a design I liked. Then (since I don't have a printer) I traced the image outline onto a piece of paper right on my monitor. I cut out the flames from the piece of paper and then traced the outline onto the paper backing of the acrylic sheet. Then I redesigned the look of the flames by hand on the piece of acrylic to get the right size/shape/look I needed to to fit the PS2. Once I had a drawn out a design I was happy with, I clamped it down very close to where I was cutting and just went to town with the coping saw (by hand).

I do find myself staring at it, but thankfully it is only during the loading screens or something :beer:

Last edited:
gvblake22 said:
Well, grab yourself a sheet of acrylic, trace on your design, clamp it down, and start cutting! You can look through the pictures in the worklog to get an idea of the process it went through. Just post if you have any specific questions about how to do something in particular. :)

ROFL, it's not for sale, sorry. It is sitting happily in my girlfriend's apartment (since she is the one with the console, not me).
I did a google image search for "flames" or something like that and found a design I liked. Then (since I don't have a printer) I traced the image outline onto a piece of paper right on my monitor. I cut out the flames from the piece of paper and then traced the outline onto the paper backing of the acrylic sheet. Then I redesigned the look of the flames by hand on the piece of acrylic to get the right size/shape/look I needed to to fit the PS2. Once I had a drawn out a design I was happy with, I clamped it down very close to where I was cutting and just went to town with the coping saw (by hand).

I do find myself staring at it, but thankfully it is only during the loading screens or something :beer:

What if I charged 4 grand? :mad:

Looks really good!!

Lol at the disc prob >.<

Also, THE DUSTS!!!!1!!!1 I can see it screaming "CLEAN ME!!!"

Back