• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks. Just wish I had more time to spend on it. Classes are giving my crazy amounts of work and my job wants me to update code for them. Too much stuff going on and I want to play... :)

zulfy26 said:
I've never used MS SQL because I'm cheap, always use MySQL. :bday:

Just fyi - MSDE is free (developer edition) you can download it from microsoft - and the license actually allows you to distribute it with applications you write including those that are commercial (This is very convenient in many situations).

See: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/downloads/download.asp

Note the 25 concurrent connection limit. This will not impact most web applications as they generally either share a single connection or use connection pooling of some sort.

Enk

(I also llike and use mysql)

Worthless post mostly, but I thought it was cool seeing this thread hit 1000+ views. I am still trying to convert the code over to using a database but I still have the old one running. Too bad there is no data flowing to use to update it. Oh well. Crazy time at school lately. Tests and projects due all week again. OK, enough of my nonsense. Keep em' crunchin' everyone!!! (as long as there is work available ;) )

Jon

Hmm, are the orange numbers in day stats supposed to be day highs? If so something is amiss, I have over 8400 credit today, but ewl2 right below me with
2175 is highlighted as orange.

Enk

(btw, sorry for passing you ewl2!)

Enkidu said:
Hmm, are the orange numbers in day stats supposed to be day highs? If so something is amiss, I have over 8400 credit today, but ewl2 right below me with
2175 is highlighted as orange.

Enk

(btw, sorry for passing you ewl2!)

8400 credits today? Geez, I've really been slackin. Time to get some horsepower going again--I have a long way to go now to catch Heezer :(

zulfy26 said:
8400 today? thats almost more... wait, thats more than i have total :bang head

Hehe sorry mate! If it makes you feel better, another stat site has me at over 10,000 for the day, so maybe you have more total as well :)

weird... yeah the gold color under each day is SUPPOSE to be the top producer that day. Looks like another day is messed up too. Arg, I have not seen this happen before today. I will have to look into it tonight.

Jon

There! Problem Fixed!! It was a problem with users that just pasted some one. I calculated the top production right after I sorted the users by their past totals so it was still sorted a day back. It still saw the other person as being in front. My bad. Well, all fixed now :D

Jon

Hmm very wierd. I have had negatives before, but only in the -200 range. Happened to me usually after SETI Outages where there was an insane amount of credit being granted to people. Don't know *why* it freaks out at that point, just that it has for me as well :)

woo hoooo we are gonna pass ocuk in 2027.... but I thought according to other stat sites that ocuk is at allmost DOUBLE our production... so how is it that we are going to pass them?

I also noticing that credit has been given on the wrong day and such... still some bugs to fix...

also when it shows the list of clients under a specific user... don't you think it would be nice to have the clients ranked by total credit???

also a line graph at the top of the setiTeams list which would show the progress of overclockers.com against the top 10 contenders would be really cool... like what was on the old site...

also the search button don't do anything!

Well, easiest one to explain first...
The search does not work because I just copied teh top images from the old seti site for the look. This is not linked up with it at all yet so that will not work until then.

Next, the days being messed up is because for some reason berkeley has released a few xml files over the last 2-3 days instead of the one a day. Until I get this all working off a db I assume 1 xml per day.

Team info: I will have to look into later. I have class in afew minutes and maybe I can do it during it :D

Sorting of the hosts will change with the DB version. Will be easier to jsut change teh query there and teh code I have now.

Graphs will be cool. Going to do them eventually.

I have just been really busy with classes lately. No free time except to fix little bugs here and there. I hope I can get these changes all done some time soon. In the mean time Crunch on and lets kick their butts!!

i'm getting ahead of myself now but I think that it would be cool to have the entire listing of users at like a 25% transparency so you could barely see the stars in the background.... :)

it's looking better every day.... maybe you could add a colum for total rank jumping in the last month or something... the arrows are cool but it's hard to see how many ranks where jumped.... I think numbers instead of the arrows would be allright for my monthly colum idea... Green numbers will be for movin up in the ranks and red numbers for moving down in ranks... I think that the arrows for just the recent rank jump status colum is just fine though...

I just thought I would shoot out some Ideas since this stuff is harder to change later after the site becomes mainstream...

If you want I could make a few numbers to show you what i'm thinking about...

Back