• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought compu nurse... how close to cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

i was lookin at the senfu temp probe ad and it specifically said u could place it between hsf and cpu. even had a pic of it in their ad on how to do it. everyone was out of sock so i bought the compu nusrse and it saidNOT to but it between hsf and cpu.

please tell me the best placement and how to do it on my amd slot-a athlon... thanx

Regardless of what the instructions say (covering their ***), mount your HSF on the CPU and see if there is a place you can slip it in to the core edge. I have never mic'd one of them, but the probe tip looks (from picture) like it may be thin enough to find a spot on the CPU where it will fit between the ceramic substrate/SMDs and the HSF baseplate. If it is nudging the core edge, that is about as good a measurement that you will be able to obtain without drilling your HSF base (what I did).

Hoot

Back