• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought some new "Goodies" today for 2 More crunchers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

Well I got in the 300.00 refund check from the govt. today and decided I should do something usefull with it :p And the more I looked at the prices @ newegg.com I decided why the hell not, hehe So Iwent ahead and ordered the following stuff to assemble 2 more crunchers :p
1) 2 Epox 8K7A's
2) 2 Enermax 431 watt EG465P-VE (2.2amp 5VSB & 44A on 5v rail)
3) 2 Thermalright SK-6's from (coolerguys.com)
4) 2 Sticks of Crucial PC2100 256mb (From Crucial.com)

Didn't have enough to get the processors yet (still waiting on that desktop version of the 1.5 palamino..) Wish It'd come out :mad: If it don't come out in the next few weeks will just get 2 more 1.2 Axiar's IMO the most bang for the buck... got 350 mhz o/c out of mine

For the TEAM!! Crunch On!!!!

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my check next month...Ive even got my girl spending hers on getting me some new computer stuff..hehe....My B-day is next month so it worked out perfectly

HEHEHE that's funny as hell.. wish I could get my g/f to get intrested into computers/SETI then I'd be able to manipulate her into buying more puter stuff, hehe :p Ohh well
Crunch ON!!!

Damn I wish I could get my fiance to buy some computer parts. I guess I can't complain too much. She doesn't say anything when she see's me putting together a new computer. I no longer get the "How many computers do you have now? And why do you have x many computers?" I guess it was a trade off. I no longer ask her why she has as many shoes and hand bags as a typical Nordstrom.

Tim... LOL.. no, double LOL...

Chris... sound like you are prepping a little more firepower... you gonna run outta room soon... :D

Crunch On!!!

TC said:
Damn I wish I could get my fiance to buy some computer parts. I guess I can't complain too much. She doesn't say anything when she see's me putting together a new computer. I no longer get the "How many computers do you have now? And why do you have x many computers?" I guess it was a trade off. I no longer ask her why she has as many shoes and hand bags as a typical Nordstrom.

Wait until you're married, then it becomes, "Why do you need all those computers? Can you work on all of them at the same time?" But heaven forbid if you ask her why she is buying her 30th pair of shoes, or her 20th handbag.

Wait until you're married with kids. LOL You'll wish for the days of having someone nag you...with kids, your own guilty conscience keeps your wallet closed, and there's no escaping yourself! But, on the other hand, having the extra users around has been a good excuse for more than one computer.

DeltaSierra said:
Wait until you're married with kids. LOL You'll wish for the days of having someone nag you...with kids, your own guilty conscience keeps your wallet closed, and there's no escaping yourself! But, on the other hand, having the extra users around has been a good excuse for more than one computer.

I can top that, wait till you have grand children. I'm in my mid 40's and have a teenage granddaughter. Between 7 children, and 5 grandchildren, with my youngest son being 7, I don't have a wallet anymore.

chawken said:

I can top that, wait till you have grand children. I'm in my mid 40's and have a teenage granddaughter. Between 7 children, and 5 grandchildren, with my youngest son being 7, I don't have a wallet anymore.

Oh come on...you're pulling my leg? Right??

chawken said:

Nope. I was a junior high father, and oldest daughter had her 1st child when she was 15. I was a grandfather at age 30.

Wow. I guess I'm a late bloomer...my first kid came when I was 27 (she's now in college) and my youngest is 3 now.

Anyway, back to the original thread...I also just bought a new mobo (EPOX 8KTA3Pro) with a 1.4 T-bird. I bought 'em from newegg 'cuz of good price and a couple of people here said they had good luck with newegg. I'll use this new stuff for my third cruncher!

Chawken,

Here is a question for ya...Whats it like being so close to your kids in age? expecially having a daughter.

See I have a 3yr old son, by the by im 22...Im kinda looking forward for him to get a bit older, I think he and I will have a easyier time understanding each other....But I wouldnt be able to do it if I had a daughter.

I am 41 have a son 18 & have "no clue" as to what sort of logic controls his head... I am to be a grandfather by the end of the year.. :(

Kris

his principle forms of income are "borrow from the parents" & "mooch wherever possible"...

not skills he learned from me, I might add :(

[Oc]acaridans said:
Chawken,

Here is a question for ya...Whats it like being so close to your kids in age? expecially having a daughter.

See I have a 3yr old son, by the by im 22...Im kinda looking forward for him to get a bit older, I think he and I will have a easyier time understanding each other....But I wouldnt be able to do it if I had a daughter.

It's nice to be close to some of their ages - you identify with each other better. The oldest is a daughter, and we are inseparable, and understand each other better than with the sons.

Morpheus said:
his principle forms of income are "borrow from the parents" & "mooch wherever possible"...

not skills he learned from me, I might add :(

My oldest son and his sister, daughter # 3 are the same way. They grew up with their mother and she instilled the value that it is better to mooch than to work for it.

Back