• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build for friend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks to be a pretty solid build Dpg. The only question I have is whether the ram will run at 3400Mhz. I'm not familiar enough with Kaby Lake to answer that. Quick Googling looks like you'll be able to get 3000-3200Mhz out of it though. So you likely could save a few bucks dropping your ram speed or if the price is comparable then just run that ram at the lower speed if it can't hit 3400.

EDIT: Looks like the Ripjawz V that you have picked out doesn't show the Ranger on the QVL list. That probably wont matter as the Ranger isn't on any of the ram I was looking at, but it's worth a mention.

Last edited:
Looks good.

Perhals try to find Trident Z ram instead of the older trident V. You shouldnt have any issues running 3400 mhz. I ran 3866 by setting xmp on 7700k. :)

Thanks for the responses. Ill let my friend know. I changed the ram to trident z 3400.

Looks like a good setup. Should be a fun build. What is the difference from Ripjawz V vs Trident Z?

Looks like a good setup. Should be a fun build. What is the difference from Ripjawz V vs Trident Z?

I have no idea but if people suggest it there must be a reason. But thanks. I think this will be great for him. And last for a decent amount of time too.

just the heatsink designs. the ics are probably the same depending on the timings.

Newer and 'approved' for newer chipsets, for what little that is worth. The heatspreaders look better to me, lol!

Back