• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Get My VooDoo2 to Work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigfoot

Truthfully I Dont really care about this card, But I'd prefer something that is good in my k6-2 600Mhz machine other than this ANCIENT (can only do 600X800x32 or 1024X768X16 for my desktop) S3 Video Card.

Here's the deal, Some of you saw me ask about this card a little while ago, but I cant find that thead anymore so here it is.

I have the voodoo2 all setup then I got the pass-threw cable the other day, now I'm trying to install this stupit driver. I have seen in many places where people found that the Windows 2k beta drivers worked great for this card in windows XP, so I got some of em and now, every time I start up windows or actually try to use the card in a game, I get this box with this message in it:

_GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo^2, none detected

So whats this mean. Is the car dead? So far I'v got this exact same massage out of 2 different machines.

PLZ Help!!!

umm... my first dance with vid cards was the gf2mx400 but i believe theres something to that glide.

i believe that is a way of displaying. you might need different drivers.

sorry i couldn't help much... i don't have experiece with voodoo cards at all really.

Since the card is obsolete, run it over with your car and get a GF4MX 440 for 55 bucks.

I think voodoo files has drivers for XP for the v3 cards I'm not sure if there are v2 drivers there as well but you can try ........ good luck. I still have a functional 12mb v2 but in a system running 98se .

you also may want to try using Win98SE with em seeing as that was supported by the Voodoo 2....

Back