• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case widows and lights shopping advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoJapKid

Registered
Where is the best place to get case mods (windows and lights) without getting ripped off. IF the widows or lights are cheap, they get u on the shipping. Know any place that is fair. I want to get a 2 widows and a few different light kits and its gonna cost a few hundred, so help me with your experience.

2 good places that are well known are
www.pcmods.com
and
www.caseetc.com

I know there are many others, but no chance to look through them all. However I believe the correct site is
www.resellerratings.com
You can go there and check out any site that sells online for references from others that have ordered.

Hope that helps.

IFMU

I do not know any good places for windows, but for lights you might want to look at your local auto parts store. Most sell light kits designed to run off of the 12V car system. All you would need to do is change the connector to run on a 12V computer.

You could try eBay and look for Cold Cathode kits. Talk to Mr. B about that one. He's got the MAD CC CASE LIGHTING SKILLZZZZZ!!@@!~~!@~!!!

Ok, enough of that.

As for window kits, why? DIY is so much more satisfying than going out and buying a kit for it.

Car light kits ... huh? Did not think of that. Thats an awesome idea. I am going to check that option out. Thanks for the help.

DIY? Do it yourself, i guess is what you mean? Well since they are fairly cheap at most 20 bucks for a clear window and molding, I figure that it would be cheaper and EZier than going to the hardware store.

NeoJapKid said:
DIY? Do it yourself, i guess is what you mean? Well since they are fairly cheap at most 20 bucks for a clear window and molding, I figure that it would be cheaper and EZier than going to the hardware store.

maybe...maybe not...I bought all my supplies for my mods and did the cutting and everything myself. the total cost of my window mod was about $20.00. And I used Acrylic..its a bit more expencive then regular plexiglass...as far as the cutting went...same as plexi..Score it, snap it...for the rounded area..I cut mine with a dremel and a regular cutoff wheel...and If I do say so myself...it turned out pretty sweet..check it out here:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70458

thats a sweet case. I have the same case as you too. what as ez to cut with a dremel. I am getting one this week. any recommended brand and kit.

Thanks

post some pics when you get your mod done...as far as what kit i got..Im not sure..lol..the box is out in my workshop...but you willl want to buy some "Reinfoced Cutting Whels"..NOT THE CARBIDE WHEELS..it specifically says DO NOT USE FOR METAL on the carbides..Ive seen some people use them on the forums...but if it says not to use them on metal..then dont...I went through 5 wheels on my window...not bad...6 packs are only about $5....any tool like a dremel should work..mine does 35k rpm...and thats the max speed for the cutting wheels....ADVICE....when your cutting..take your time...the harder you press, the faster you will eat up the wheels...I let the weight of my dremel do the cutting...and WEAR SAFTEY GLASSES!!!
lol..I had to say that...as I got LOTS of things thrown up at my saftey glasses....
Have fun, take your time, and ENJOY!!

will start this project some time this week. I am currently thinking of a design for the case and what to add for decoration. its going to be my own personal christmas tree

Well.. the cheapest will be to get the bulb, invertor, protective tube etc for light and put it together.... The same for window kit... get molder and window ... cut the side ... install ... it will be cheaper.

Back