• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case with EXTREMELY good airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

df0xyd

Well, as the title says, I'm looking for a case that has EXTREMELY good airflow.
Preferences
Less then 250$ shipped... actually, the CHEAPER THE BETTER
Full tower ATX
Side window
Blue LEDs (If possible)
Black case, silver okay, other... i don't know
must fit an 8800GTX
must fit a zalman 9700cnps (The tall one hehe)

Preferably from the Egg or ZipZoomFly

Umm, that's about it.
Right now, I'm looking at...
Xclio A380PLUS-BK
To see with LEDs on.. the EGG doesn't have the picture. Click Me!

Any thoughts????

but everyone has the antec 900 XD

Do you think it will offer more cooling then that Xclio Jet Engine looking thing? in which, I do like the style of it.

Also, I dont think it will work out well with PSU at bottom...

Xclio +1

That's exactly what I was gonna suggest when I read your thread title. I think it's a pretty massive full tower. Judging by dimensions it's much bigger then the P4 full tower XPS we have at work. That 25cm fan is daBomb.

Thund3rball said:
Xclio +1

That's exactly what I was gonna suggest when I read your thread title. I think it's a pretty massive full tower. Judging by dimensions it's much bigger then the P4 full tower XPS we have at work. That 25cm fan is daBomb.

One person agrees with me! :D

I'm just curious, have you ever worked with anything from Xclio??? I just want to make sure the won't skimp out on me. Quality...

I think the Antec 1200 , that comes out around September is gonna be a full tower. It has more fans than the 900 and also comes in 2 flavors , one made for wc'ing and one not.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/06/08/antec_cases_psus_comptex_2007/1

"The Antec 1200 is a new case set to follow on from the 900. There will be two models, one with integrated watercooling and one without, although in what capacity the watercooling will arrive has yet to be decided since the model shown was a very early sample.

It has a huge twelve bays so this puts it in Cooler Master Stacker territory, but it's still far smaller, and this includes three 120mm in the front, two 120mm in the rear and a 200mm in the top. There's an extra space for another 120mm on the side and an adjustable one behind the hard drive cages. All of these include filters that you don't have to take your case apart to clean, just like the mini-180 and the entire case is again, tool less.

The camo stuff on the top is also subject to change/removal, and the guys at Antec are certainly open to suggestions so voice your love/hate for the design in the forums.

The included watercooling radiator in the roof is a custom one for a 200mm fan, although I stressed that they needed to simply include threaded holes for the watercooling enthusiasts, as they were likely to use their own high/low flow equipment. After chatting about it in depth, it looks like a possibility, but it ultimately depends on the compatibility and cost of their tooling process.

The 1200 is due to begin being finalised and manufactured in July, so expect it sometime September to October. No retail pricing is known yet, although obviously the watercooling model will come at a premium."

Also some pics at the bottom of the link

JamesXP said:
That's pretty beefy :D

Man i'm waiting for that case :p

I know I'll take one.

Check out that radiator pic.

Question is how much it is gonna cost , and when we will finally see it in stores.

The 1200 is due to begin being finalised and manufactured in July, so expect it sometime September to October. No retail pricing is known yet, although obviously the watercooling model will come at a premium."

It's a nice case, but I can't deal with PSU on bottom, it just won't work out.
Also the fact that I plan on upgrading "hopefully" before august, or in first week of august.

It's not a full-size tower , but the NZXT Lexa is what I currently use and it has alot of fans.
1 80mm on top and 3 120mms , rear , window and front.

deeplogic-lg.jpg

Though to get some really good airflow , you'll need to replace the factory fans that come with the case.

Oh and avoid the ones that come with a psu , it is a pos.

df0xyd said:
One person agrees with me! :D

I'm just curious, have you ever worked with anything from Xclio??? I just want to make sure the won't skimp out on me. Quality...

No, never seen one up close even :(

From what I know you have your PSU fan and upgrade to a 120mm on the back. Looks like you can add fans to the top-right side too. That should really help even out the airflow IMO. And I'm sure those big fans really help with low noise. They probably don't spin too fast and manage to push good air. If I could see one up close before buying would be nice, but there's none up here. All in all $120 for a stylin case seems reasonable to me. :thup:

Edit: Can you find replacement fans? Something to think about.

If you can find some where that sells the Akasa Eclipse-62 (or the Akasa Mirage-62) and the Maxi-View Side Panel then that should meet all your requirements. It easy to get here in the UK but I've heard it is hard to find in the US.

Sj_GrenDeL said:
It's not a full-size tower , but the NZXT Lexa is what I currently use and it has alot of fans.
1 80mm on top and 3 120mms , rear , window and front.

Though to get some really good airflow , you'll need to replace the factory fans that come with the case.

Oh and avoid the ones that come with a psu , it is a pos.
NZXT just came out with a Black Lexa with Red LEDs. It looks so hawt.

11-146-038-13.jpg

Though there are cases with better airflow. But the Lexa is just so damn sexy. :drool:

Yea, It pushes the limit too far! 250 is my extreme limit, NO MORE. I will most likely not even pay 200 when I decide.

SHOOT, I forgot about the new BTX boards coming... I guess I need something BTX ready... Or I can make it work... hehe...

11BTX.gif

YOUR KIDDING ME!!! they made ATX basically backwards and turned things.... Well, uhh, that could be an issue...

btx format died with arrival of c2d

Somebody is selling TT armor in this forum's classifields.

sooo, I don't have to worry about BTX???

also, what about this case...

Please, do not start Intel V AMD flame, I just want to know what case this is. To me it looks like a modded version of that stacker.
clickers

Back