• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case with EXTREMELY good airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
webdevour said:
Great, I didn't look because I'm 50% lazy. I stick with my original recommendation then. But I just noticed it already has a 120mm fan inside of it, so you don't really need 2 more 120mm fans.

Well, I do need a new one to put inside it...
1. It isn't one of them 4pin things. (I'm talking about how they changed it from 3 to 4 on the motherboard)
2. It doesn't glow blue ;)

So, do you think it will fit inside that case? And, With My case standing upright, it wont fall off.. will it? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, but, I'm really self-conscious.)

I believe it comes with a pretty hefty mounting system. I ordered this last night:

order.jpg

I'll let you know how it turns out

I plan on getting an IFX-14 and two 140mm Silverstone fans for my next system.

Ah, cool. Now.. if only you left your credit number on there... KIDDING KIDDING..
But yea, tell me how it turns out! Also, I'll look around the forums, it's bound to be around here sum wherez that says if I can have it upright..

Uhh, I found a fan I didn't want, lol... I'm talking about this 4pin...

3pin4pin.jpg

I guess I can take both 3pin and 4pin into it... they both have black red yellow.. theres just an extra blue one.. what do you think? Is the Blue one all that important???

EDIT, well, I looked it up, and found out that you don't need the fourth one, it's just for smart fan.
So, now that I know the fans will be okay, lets see..
case 221mm
fan 25mm
sub 196mm
mobo 10mm
total 186mm
heatsink is 153mm tall, so, it should fit :D

So, The heatsink will be changed to TT120 as soon as I have confirmation that I can use it sideways...
06.jpg

That looks promising!
Thank you webdevour for your insight!

Last edited:
Updated List!

XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail $119.99 link

NZXT SENTRY 1 Controller Panel - Retail $24.99 link

Sunbeam FC PCI Fan Controller - Retail $6.99 link

Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail $44.99 link

Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set - Retail X2 $19.98 link

Rosewill RCW-309 12" /Fan Power Supply Cable - Retail X2 $3.78 link

Subtotal: $220.72
Total: $250.54

Remember $325 ABSOLUTE MAX!
If you have anything to recommend, speak now, or forever hold your peace!
(This all applies to my rig in my sig.. hehe, it rhymes) Also (thinking about getting a new vid. card later so, don't suggest that ;) )

Are you wanting to spend $325, or is that just how much you can spend if needed?

I guess I'd suggest that PCI Slot cooler that I ordered (see above), they are only $3.99 and should remove some heat from your video card while increasing exhaust flow.

webdevour said:
Are you wanting to spend $325, or is that just how much you can spend if needed?

I guess I'd suggest that PCI Slot cooler that I ordered (see above), they are only $3.99 and should remove some heat from your video card while increasing exhaust flow.

Spend if needed. I'm gonna run out of pci slots, lol, but eh, i'll buy one, it will help when i decide to buy an 8800GTX or the 9800 GTX when it comes out. And the fact my card likes heat too much ;)

Updated List!

XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail $119.99 link

Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set - Retail X2 $19.98 link

Rosewill RFX-100B 90mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Retail $3.99 link

Subtotal: $224.71
Total: $256.03

Remember $325 ABSOLUTE MAX!
(This all applies to my rig in my sig.. hehe, it rhymes) Also (thinking about getting a new vid. card later so, don't suggest that ;) )

Ah, well, I really don't want to move this to cooling because I will be ordering hopefully today soo.. yea... It would just take up more room, and bump someone who really needs help down.

Updated List!

Rosewill RFX-100B 90mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Retail $3.99 link

EVERCOOL EC-PCAC 80mm Case Fan - Retail $13.99 link

GENERIC 4PIN/3PIN ADAPTER Fan 3-Pin to 4-Pin Connector Adapter - OEM $1.99 link

$50 Left for absolute max...

For the Evercool EC-PCAC, If it don't come in stock when I order, I will have to do it through amazon. When I get it, I'm going to mod it so the air goes into the case, not out. (I needed the 3/4 pin changer for it. no slots on mobo left)

Haha you're spending a lot more on your cooling than I just did, but then again that's not for my new build. Still, I don't expect my total to come anywhere close (though with the IFX-14's price it may not be too far off)

Ya... well, you see, I don't trust water.. 1 leak and BAM your $2000 commputer is gone, ya know?
Also, If I wanna overclock, I need to make sure I have ample enough cooling for my GPU, CPU, and RAM.

I once had a NZXT sentry 1, and it was an absolute waste of $20 (what I paid for it). for starters, the temperature sensors that came with my unit were horribly inaccurate after checking various surfaces with my own thermometer+probe. besides that, the other features worked quite well and it looked nice...for about a month. promptly died on me afterwards for whatever reason, never bothered to get a replacement.

also, I didn't have any problems with this, but it seems like a lot of people have trouble getting it to fit properly with non-NZXT cases

shirker said:
I once had a NZXT sentry 1, and it was an absolute waste of $20 (what I paid for it). for starters, the temperature sensors that came with my unit were horribly inaccurate after checking various surfaces with my own thermometer+probe. besides that, the other features worked quite well and it looked nice...for about a month. promptly died on me afterwards for whatever reason, never bothered to get a replacement.

also, I didn't have any problems with this, but it seems like a lot of people have trouble getting it to fit properly with non-NZXT cases

Uhhh, lol... That doesn't sound good... Can you give me a suggestion then? I was just gonna use it for its temp. sensors.. just two really... GPU and CPU

df0xyd said:
Uhhh, lol... That doesn't sound good... Can you give me a suggestion then? I was just gonna use it for its temp. sensors.. just two really... GPU and CPU
GPU and CPU? I'd understand if you wanted temp sensors for your case temperature or perhaps even an ambient temp, but those included sensors won't do you much good in reading cpu/gpu temperatures; that is definitely best done by gpu software and by various programs that read your cpu core temperatures. IMHO, those sensors (even if they were dead accurate) wouldn't be very useful in reading CPU and GPU temps, since there's no better way to measure that than using software that takes advantage of temp. sensors inside the chips themselves

shirker said:
GPU and CPU? I'd understand if you wanted temp sensors for your case temperature or perhaps even an ambient temp, but those included sensors won't do you much good in reading cpu/gpu temperatures; that is definitely best done by gpu software and by various programs that read your cpu core temperatures. IMHO, those sensors (even if they were dead accurate) wouldn't be very useful in reading CPU and GPU temps, since there's no better way to measure that than using software that takes advantage of temp. sensors inside the chips themselves

Wh00ps meant to say GPU CPU and Ambient (HDD if 4 sensors allowed)
It's more for looks then accuaracy ;)

df0xyd said:
Wh00ps meant to say GPU CPU and Ambient (HDD if 4 sensors allowed)
It's more for looks then accuaracy ;)
again, software is the best way of measuing CPU, GPU, and all HDD temperatures.

IMO the only good of having temperature sensors in your pc is to measure the case temp or the temp or certain parts that have no integrated internal sensor. If looks are what you want, the Zalman ZM-MFC2 looks like a pretty good choice

shirker said:
again, software is the best way of measuing CPU, GPU, and all HDD temperatures.

IMO the only good of having temperature sensors in your pc is to measure the case temp or the temp or certain parts that have no integrated internal sensor. If looks are what you want, the Zalman ZM-MFC2 looks like a pretty good choice

Again, it's just for aesthetical purpose. To look k00l :D Hehe...

I think the Zalman ZM-MFC2 has been taken off the market for a while...

eclectic said:
Hi Nigel,

Unfortunatly they are discontinued I learnt this week, due to quality
issues I think.

They are working on making them better quality though so maybe soon
we'll see a new revision or something.

Shame, they are pretty sweet

Thanks
Tom

Nigel wrote:
> Hello. I was wondering if you had an ETA on the extremly sexy Zalman ZM-MFC2 fan controller?
>
> http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/prod...roducts_id=239
>
> Thanks
> Nigel
>
>
>
>

Any others??

df0xyd said:
Again, it's just for aesthetical purpose. To look k00l :D Hehe...

I think the Zalman ZM-MFC2 has been taken off the market for a while...

Any others??
take a look at that thread again, it's not a widespread problem with ALL zm-mfc2 controllers, mind you. Believe me, I would know if it was ;)
(on a side note, if you get it from an official zalman distributor like sharkacorp.com, RMAing defective goods is a much easier ordeal). Also, no other aesthetically pleasing alternatives to a NZXT sentry 1 or zalman zm-mfc2 are coming to mind right now

shirker said:
take a look at that thread again, it's not a widespread problem with ALL zm-mfc2 controllers, mind you. Believe me, I would know if it was ;)
(on a side note, if you get it from an official zalman distributor like sharkacorp.com, RMAing defective goods is a much easier ordeal). Also, no other aesthetically pleasing alternatives to a NZXT sentry 1 or zalman zm-mfc2 are coming to mind right now

Ah. Well, I looked at a TON of online stores and none of hem had any in stock.. puzzled me. I found it in Australia though... But that don't help, lol. I wish I could order one now, and when it comes in stock, they already have my money and can ship it... You know any site that will do that???

Back