• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case with EXTREMELY good airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
df0xyd said:
sooo, I don't have to worry about BTX???

also, what about this case...

Please, do not start Intel V AMD flame, I just want to know what case this is. To me it looks like a modded version of that stacker.
clickers

I think that's THIS nVidia Logo'd stacker.

meionm said:
Somebody is selling TT armor in this forum's classifields

The TT Armor would be my 2nd choice. Always liked that case too :thup:

Thund3rball said:
I think that's THIS nVidia Logo'd stacker.

The TT Armor would be my 2nd choice. Always liked that case too :thup:

*Chokes on air* 300 bucks! hehe... I KNEW IT LOOKED LIKE THAT STACKER!

as for the TT Armor... I'm just picky, hehe, I don't like the side... with the acrylic that way.

Anyone wanna buy me that u2 ufo duality up there? hehe... kidding

Last edited:
df0xyd said:
Well, as the title says, I'm looking for a case that has EXTREMELY good airflow.
Preferences
Less then 250$ shipped... actually, the CHEAPER THE BETTER
Full tower ATX
Side window
Blue LEDs (If possible)
Black case, silver okay, other... i don't know
must fit an 8800GTX
must fit a zalman 9700cnps (The tall one hehe)

Preferably from the Egg or ZipZoomFly

Umm, that's about it.
Right now, I'm looking at...
Xclio A380PLUS-BK
To see with LEDs on.. the EGG doesn't have the picture. Click Me!

Any thoughts????

I actually have thought about building my own case but have decided to do that next time I upgrade.

However I do not mind sharing the info.

I think the Coolerm*ster 410 was a good design as it fits into a rack if needs be.

I found I couldn't fit in a Zalman 9700 with the side panel on.:)

Gigacloud said:
I actually have thought about building my own case but have decided to do that next time I upgrade.

However I do not mind sharing the info.

I think the Coolerm*ster 410 was a good design as it fits into a rack if needs be.

I found I couldn't fit in a Zalman 9700 with the side panel on.:)

I also thought about just building one... but, I'm not good with tools, hehe..
Well, If I can't close the door, that won't help...

Baically, I think it's between the Stacker 830 and the Xclio A380PLUS-BK

i upgraded all fans in my lexa and its pretty nice, i even fit a rad inside, had to snip the upper support a bit.
but if i had to buy a case i would the get the xcilo without the window, 2x250mm fans, but it wouldnt be portable AT ALL, just remember that

hmm, well i have a case with good airflow, but its a little older, from a company ive never heard of named iCute. i think xclio is either a clone, or an offshoot of the company.. its a 301b. its got 2 front 80s, one on top, one on te side nael, and 2 in the back. it works pretty good, moves a ton of air too. the 900 would be like the new rev of this case, with a few tweaks here and there. thats pretty much what im looking at as my next case.

Thund3rball said:
No, never seen one up close even :(

From what I know you have your PSU fan and upgrade to a 120mm on the back. Looks like you can add fans to the top-right side too. That should really help even out the airflow IMO. And I'm sure those big fans really help with low noise. They probably don't spin too fast and manage to push good air. If I could see one up close before buying would be nice, but there's none up here. All in all $120 for a stylin case seems reasonable to me. :thup:

Edit: Can you find replacement fans? Something to think about.

Yes, replacement fans will be available on Newegg soon...

"For the question, XClio is planing to retail fans on newegg soon, there will be 12cm, 18cm, 25cm & 36cm fans on single package design. Please keep riching on the Newegg websit, we will have more products on selling in future. Please feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any other questions or suggestions."

I asked XClio hehe.. I'm waiting for a reply on a round about time.

df0xyd said:
Yes, replacement fans will be available on Newegg soon...

"For the question, XClio is planing to retail fans on newegg soon, there will be 12cm, 18cm, 25cm & 36cm fans on single package design. Please keep riching on the Newegg websit, we will have more products on selling in future. Please feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any other questions or suggestions."

I asked XClio hehe.. I'm waiting for a reply on a round about time.

Sounds promising I guess. Is that the actual quote from Newegg? English seems a bit broken for a US retailer.

Thund3rball said:
Sounds promising I guess. Is that the actual quote from Newegg? English seems a bit broken for a US retailer.

No, it was from one of the XClio worker people.

Jamie Huang
Sales Department
XClio: www.xclio.com
EMAIL: [email protected]
TEL: +886 2 86672869
FAX: +886 2 86675567

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ From her...

Okay, so I made up my mind, I am going with the Xclio A380PLUS-BK.

My very final question (I think) What do you think a good MATCHING 120mm fan would be? I was thinking... http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835200028
35-200-028-06.jpg
a380plus-bk-400.jpg

Look close???

iCute changed it's name to XCilo as Apple didn't like that they were mooching off of the whole iDeal ;).

Another overlooked player is the Raidmax Katana. It's more or less the poor man's Armor.

Well guys, I'm going to place my order between now and Monday afternoon.
For anyone thats curious...

XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail $119.99 link

NZXT SENTRY 1 Controller Panel - Retail $24.99 link

Sunbeam FC PCI Fan Controller - Retail $6.99 link

ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler - Retail $59.99 link

Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set - Retail $9.99 link

Subtotal: $221.95
Total ~ $267.24

I am able to go up to $325 ABSOLUTE MAX!
If you have anything to recommend, speak now, or forever hold your peace!
(This all applies to my rig in my sig.. hehe, it rhymes) Also (thinking about getting a new vid. card later so, don't suggest that ;) )

webdevour said:
Wait on that heatsink. The Tuniq Tower is $20 off on NewEgg right now, it's a better deal IMO; it's cheaper than that Zalman, and you can get a couple more of those $9.99 120mm Rosewill fans to go along with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154001

There you go.

Will it be able to fit in the case???
i think the case is 221mm
tuniq is... 153mm
average fan thickness... 25mm

I guess it would fit, but I need a 4pin fan, instead of the 3pin one I picked out for the back..

CHECK POST 43!!!!!!
NOT RIGHT FAN!
Found one fan link
Can anyone double check for me that it will fit? (I don't trust myself)

Last edited:
webdevour said:
edit: Nevermind, I misread

EDIT: Also, that Tuniq Tower is K8 & P4, so unless it's compatible with your's (I'm assuming LGA775) then forget I said anything :)

Compatibility Socket 478, LGA775, k8 ( 754 / 939 / 940 )
Support AM2 Socket (New Version)

It says AM2, so I'm assuming since my CPU, AMD Athlon X2 6000+ is AM2, it will work.

df0xyd said:
Compatibility Socket 478, LGA775, k8 ( 754 / 939 / 940 )
Support AM2 Socket (New Version)

It says AM2, so I'm assuming since my CPU, AMD Athlon X2 6000+ is AM2, it will work.
Great, I didn't look because I'm 50% lazy. I stick with my original recommendation then. But I just noticed it already has a 120mm fan inside of it, so you don't really need 2 more 120mm fans.

And the 3-pin connector is your standard CPUFan1 connector, on your motherboard near the CPU socket (usually?)

Back